ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lamborghini Aventador Crash Video In Sloane Street

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Lambo was clearly caining it. How that's not obvious to some people I don't know.

If this was a 172 hitting a car and taking off the comments would be a bit different.

Even if you're not speeding in London you anticipate behaviour like the Mazda. Especially if you're driving fast. The Mazda probably saw the lambo far enough away to think it would slow down to let it out.

The lambo probably kept going to try and show the Mazda "no you're not pulling out in front of me" and what happened, happened.

It's poor judgement on both parts, I certainly wouldn't be playing chicken with cheap cars if I was driving an aventador. But maybe this guy gives no f***s.

SQ5
If he had of looked left twice like he should of done he would of seen the car at two points and been able to guess where it would be in the next glance/him pulling out and not pulled out in front.

14' Leon Cupra 280
I'd like to know what he was doing for 30 secs before getting out the car... he doesn't seem to be too shocked as he walks away and seems to be doing something on his phone. Deleting call/text/photos/videos?

I'd be getting out as quick as I could

FLOL @ some of the nonsense in this thread.

There is absolutely ZERO way of saying the Lambo was even going 10mph over the limit, let alone nearing a ton like has been mentioned just from watching the video.

The Mazda driver will be found 100% at fault and rightly so.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL @ some of the nonsense in this thread.

There is absolutely ZERO way of saying the Lambo was even going 10mph over the limit, let alone nearing a ton like has been mentioned just from watching the video.

The Mazda driver will be found 100% at fault and rightly so.

You didn't listen to the audio then? You couldn't hear its rapid rate of deceleration?

You don't think you can form an educated and reasonable opinion of how much speed/energy the Lambo was carrying based on the way that after it had decelerated it still had enough energy to launch itself into the air then bounce off of two more cars before coming to a rest some 30m further up the road?

What's the stopping distance at 30mph? Typically it's 14m once on the brakes...but the Lambo would clearly be able to better that by some margin so let's say 10m, maybe even 7m.

Given all of that to me it's clear and obvious he was going to fast and that if he was going 30mph that incident would never have occurred.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Lambo was clearly caining it. How that's not obvious to some people I don't know.

If this was a 172 hitting a car and taking off the comments would be a bit different.

Even if you're not speeding in London you anticipate behaviour like the Mazda. Especially if you're driving fast. The Mazda probably saw the lambo far enough away to think it would slow down to let it out.

The lambo probably kept going to try and show the Mazda "no you're not pulling out in front of me" and what happened, happened.

It's poor judgement on both parts, I certainly wouldn't be playing chicken with cheap cars if I was driving an aventador. But maybe this guy gives no f**ks.

Read through and i would go with this.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Just because the lambo jumps In The air doesn't mean it was speeding. 2 rotating wheels coming I to contact can easily make a car jump up, I've seen one at about 70mph and that ended up flipping the car. So I don't think it was doing over 30 when it hit

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Only on CS can there be such lengthy discussions when absolutely no-one knows any factual piece of information. This thread could end up being longer then the MarcR Parking thread, with people constantly repeating the same line. This time though, instead of, "Have you tried speaking with them" its, "How fast was that Lambo going".

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So how fast was the lambo going?

I dont believe that the in car gopro footage showing the speedo a few seconds before the accident when the brakes were applied is yet in the public domain, so for now I cant show you it.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I dont believe that the in car gopro footage showing the speedo a few seconds before the accident when the brakes were applied is yet in the public domain, so for now I cant show you it.

So it was speeding then?

chip, could you cHeck my project thread please there's money/beers in it for you

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
In the vid the Lambo takes 0.2 sec to travel the length of a Qashqai (With frame rates it was probably less that this). A Qashqai is 4.37m long. So 0.2 sec to go 4.3m = 21.5 meters/second AFTER the impact.

21.5m/s is 48.5mph.

So yeah I'd say he was speeding.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one Waitey. There's obviously a margin of error in there...but I doubt your calculation is over the top by 66% which it would have to be if he was doing only 30mph.

This is why I like threads like this...opens the mind up to different ways of looking at and thinking about things!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
This is why I don't get the people who said this video isn't evidence. There are loads of fixed objects in it which have a defined length, and at 30 frames a second you can be fairly accurate which way you slice it up. I'm fairly certain from impact to the nose clearing the front of the Nissan is 0.17 seconds. Which places the Lambo at just shy of 60mph just after the impact.

Another point of interest is closing rates.

IF the lambo was 150m away when the other driver looked. If the Lambo was doing 30mph, the other car would have 11.5 seconds to pull out.

IF the lambo was 150m away when the other driver looked but was doing 65mph the other car only has 5.1 seconds to do the same thing.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
This is why I don't get the people who said this video isn't evidence. There are loads of fixed objects in it which have a defined length, and at 30 frames a second you can be fairly accurate which way you slice it up. I'm fairly certain from impact to the nose clearing the front of the Nissan is 0.17 seconds. Which places the Lambo at just shy of 60mph just after the impact.

Another point of interest is closing rates.

IF the lambo was 150m away when the other driver looked. If the Lambo was doing 30mph, the other car would have 11.5 seconds to pull out.

IF the lambo was 150m away when the other driver looked but was doing 65mph the other car only has 5.1 seconds to do the same thing.

And if as is most likely IMHO the driver was doing 100 odd then it would only be 3 seconds or so for him to cover the same distance.
If you are correct (and I suspect you are close) that he was doing 48mph after braking for a bit before the accident and losing some speed during the accident, it seems unlikely to me he wasnt doing double that just before, certainly if he was only doing 60 or so, then he should have at least had the sense to apply his brakes more than 3 foot before he impacted the other car, lol.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Some good analysis there Waitey. Can't be bothered to go over it to check but you come across as a smart dude in your posts so I'll agree.

I didn't listen when I first watched it and you can't see brake lights as the car launches in the air, but if you play the audio you can quite clearly hear the Lambo scrubbing speed off FAST.

Case closed. Good job everyone.

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Seeing how quick these supercar drivers knob about in Central London I would not doubt that the Lambo driver was speeding or racing in his vehicle (maybe impressing the blonde who jumps out).

Yes the driver of the Mazda is in the wrong, but there is a 30mph speed limit for a reason; its even more relevant in Central London where there is simply no room to drive these wide cars anywhere, let alone quickly.

Why do these people not just buy Clio 182's? I mean, who really wants an Aventador? lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Has no one realised who's doing the filming? The channel?

Isn't the guy filming it the one from the 'millionaire street racers' program? featured a lady called 'Panda'

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Anyone who says the Lambo wasn't speeding needs their heads examined! I'm with Chip on this one. Was probably nearer to a ton than 50 when he started braking.

Clio 182
Have we done this extra bit of film yet?

Total bell-end, but that noise..... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
  clio 182 trophy
Neither of the people in the lambo go over to see if the person in the car they hit is ok! Dreadful behavior imo. Even if they were at fault I would still rush over as you never know what may have happened. The mazda driver (passengers?) were far more likely to have been hurt as they got hit stationary. Typical pricks that only care for themselves. Also nobody else helped the other driver, just stood there looking/filming the lambo. Crazy.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Anyone who says the Lambo wasn't speeding needs their heads examined! I'm with Chip on this one. Was probably nearer to a ton than 50 when he started braking.

I dont see how anyone can watch that video and not get this TBH mate, I suppose some people are just too keen to say "you are just hating on him cause he is rich" etc?

He was driving way too fast, as a result another car that had no reason at all to expect a car from far off in the distance to have reached the junction by the time he pulled out failed to take his speed into account (which lets face it without flashing blue lights on it why would you?) then after the accident the guy in the lambo as mentioned above didnt even appear to prioritise seeing if the poor sod he'd just sped through was ok or not?
Being rich is fine, I'd like to try it myself in fact, but being a spoilt rich prick who thinks you are important and no one else matters, isnt fine, and thats very much the tone of that driver in the videos IMHO, the whole driving around like a tit in the town centre smacks of a lack of respect for others but far more so does his lack of interest in the other driver afterwards, I fail to see why people are defending his actions just cause he happens to have a nice car, if that exact same accident had happened but it was a chavved up 1.2 clio with a tacky ktec bodykit on it I suspect the number of people defending it would be far lower, lol!

At the end of the day, he got pulled out on. Whether he was going 20 or 100, someone pulled out in front of him causing an accident because they didn't double check.
We all know He shouldn't have been speeding and I'm not defending that.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
At the end of the day, he got pulled out on. Whether he was going 20 or 100, someone pulled out in front of him causing an accident because they didn't double check.
We all know He shouldn't have been speeding and I'm not defending that.

The order of events that led to the problem:
First: Lambo driver sped (against the law)
Next: Person pulled out in front of him, allowing enough time when doing so for him to approach at a legal speed and not hit them
Next: Lambo driver failed to perform an emergency stop because his speed was excessive, thankfully though he only hit a motorist not a child

In my opinon the Lambo driver was the one at fault, but sadly for the person who pulled out, who did so based on the assumption the lambo wasnt driving like a tit, he made an incorrect assumption and the insurers will probably side against him as his action is undeniable where as the lambo one is more open to interpretation.