ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

Evo 5 RS
Still at it, Billy's coming out looking pretty good

IMG_5730.JPG

IMG_5731.JPG
IMG_5729.JPG

Evo 5 RS
IMG_5739.JPG
IMG_5737.JPG
Next job down the line will be painting the calipers.
You can see where the front shocks have had water sitting at the top, as the Bilsteins are prone to doing. That's why I wanted to clean them up a bit

Evo 5 RS
So after taking the new door apart discovered the locking mech wasn't fitted correctly and the rod retaining clips were missing. Thankfully I have a door I bought from the breakers still so have sorted that issue and fitted the clips and wrapped the rods in foam, rattle gone.
Not sure why the lopsided c***s at the shop couldn't sort that themselves.
IMG_5741.JPG

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Good choice on the 400/400
It will be bloody quick but not silly money. Much more power is a waste on the road really anyways

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
The white mint one?

If so your a silly silly man and I don't know if I like you anymore. [emoji22]

So much has changed in the past 6 weeks life perspective has also altered. I drive it every few months as it's not a child friendly car, miss the M5 badly which is a huge mistake of mine. I sold it for just under 30k within 12 hrs so it was painless enough.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So much has changed in the past 6 weeks life perspective has also altered. I drive it every few months as it's not a child friendly car, miss the M5 badly which is a huge mistake of mine. I sold it for just under 30k within 12 hrs so it was painless enough.
Arrrr mate, I loved that car. It was mint and a rare site.

I have 2 kids as well mate, mine are 12 and 13 though.

Did it make more money than it owed you ant?

Evo 5 RS

Ah man...that's a good result though dude! Plus on the bright side, you're only 30k ish off the money for a pink one. ;)

Countryman JCW
Anyone seen that tidy RSX forsale on Pistonheads and the MLR ? Looks lovely, but i couldn't justify buying it and using it daily, nor could i justify buying it and not using it (garage queen).

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Looks f**king awesome, but what's with the shite DTM wing mirrors? :dizzy: (or am I being really thick and they're just normal ones folded in)

Genuine FQ400 mirrors, been trying to find a FQ400 now for 4 years, given up. So next choice is a MR360.
Sweet!! Sorry for the questions!!:blush:
So what's the crack with 400's ? They never come up for sale ? And if you get this car, you'll have the TME too ? Is this instead of the E63 you were looking at ?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So what's the crack with 400's ? They never come up for sale ? And if you get this car, you'll have the TME too ? Is this instead of the E63 you were looking at ?
The TME sold mate. [emoji22]

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not child friendly? It has four doors and a boot? :wink:

Seriously though - a nice cash sum on the sale. Mine was far from pristine when I sold it, but christ - I wish I had stored it somewhere and left it a few more years. The VI's in particular just seem to be going up and up in value.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Not child friendly? It has four doors and a boot? :wink:

Seriously though - a nice cash sum on the sale. Mine was far from pristine when I sold it, but christ - I wish I had stored it somewhere and left it a few more years. The VI's in particular just seem to be going up and up in value.

The RS had a short ratio box which meant it was loud inside. No aircon, no sound deadening, and the final factor which was a huge issue transporting kids, no side impact bars.....

I made a fair whack (not really the point) so it really needed to go. My Meg is so much more fun to drive.

The MR I can enjoy all weather, transport the kids from nursery and have a good crack without losing £££. Made sense really.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member

It's a IX MR360.

TME has gone (reason above), meg is staying. Looking for another M5 estate.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Genuine FQ400 mirrors, been trying to find a FQ400 now for 4 years, given up. So next choice is a MR360.

Well you learn something new every day. Today, I learnt that there's actually something I don't like about this car!