ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop Slipped Off My Lap!

Astra Twintop
& now the screen's knackered!

Looked on ebay and found a couple, is ebay a reputable place to buy a replacement screen?

Are laptop screens easy to replace?

Its a Toshiba Satellite L550-1CW

17.3" Screen

Thanks

Tesla MP3 2021
How much are the screens going for as it may end up cheaper and easier to claim on house insurance.

I split coke all over my MBP and foooked the keyboard. £75 excess and brand new keyboard :)

Astra Twintop
£60 ish for the screen, can speak with I.T. at work to get it fitted.

Excess is a bit more I think?!

Tesla MP3 2021
Ok, well I cant comment on the reliability of the screens from eBay but it looks like that will be your cheapest option if someone is fitting it for you.

DCi
I don't help anyone.

When I move nearer to work and don't spend half my time commuting I will make a mint out of these things :D

Screens are pretty much straight swaps in most cases the only real trouble are hidden screws and clips that snap

Most of the time its a case of unplug wires and plug in the new ones the same way seal it all back up and your away

CBR1000RR Fireblade
i had a new screen fitted on my toshiba laptop, it was £80 supplied and fitted

Astra Twintop
£65 off ebay, took me 20 minutes as i've never done it before.

Most time was working out how to get the bloody case off!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I fitted 25 in under an hour when I bought a job lot of faulty Latitudes last year ;)

I've replaced a number of screens in Latitudes, once you have done your first it's not difficult. The hardest part is feeding the cables for the antenna's back in their cables routes ! Bloody fiddly !

25 in an hour is pretty quick ! Did they all work afterwards though ;) :p