ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop -> TV or LCD?

ph1 172
My primary machine is a small laptop, it has been fine until the last week where ive spent 7 12-15hour days writing code and bits on a 12 inch screen. Im not rolling in money at the moment but this weekend my eyes have been so tired ive acutally had real problems.

anyway, ive been looking into getting a 19" widescreen monitor that i can connect through the dvi connector on my laptop. Reasonable exmples running at about ~£120

Then i though i might as well get a 19" widescreen tv and hook it up to my laptop so then at least it would have another purpose.
The issue i have is, if i use a DVI->HDMI adaptor to display my laptop on the tv, will it use the full ~1440x900 resolution and have equal quality to a standard LCD?

The reason i ask is that i plugged my laptop into my parents 37" panasonic LCD with VGA and it wasnt very usable apart from watching video.

Clio 182 cup'd
Ive had the same problems running my PC through a 26" HD ready TV dvi > HDMI. I just use it for video now. Get a monitor, easier to set up and alot cheaper!

ph1 172
how about the other way round?
could i play freeview tv through HDMI into DVI on an LCD monitor?

Tim