ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

laquer coats

clio rxe
Hi ive colour coded my bumper and put on good few coats of laquer, however every time i do it appears kinda patchy in places, is this just cause the laquer is thcker in these places and will it dry out so its all the same?

D

dick

nope, will dry like that, just put s**t loads on then polish it like f**k.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Leave it for a week so the lacquers fully gone off , then if your not happy with the finish wet sand it with some 2000 grit wet n dry paper , then polish it with some meguiars scratch X and it will come up nice and shiny .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
AG's only very mildly abrasive , if you wet sand you'll need scratch X .Even if you don't wet sand i'd use scratch x , always useful to have some to hand for minor scratches on your car .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If its just a bit patchy , like some of its not as shiny as the rest scratch x alone might bring it up . If it doesn't then try wet sanding then scratch x .

Chocolate Bar™
^ not really, but it'll make it better. You need ONE thick coat. lots of coats dont do the same thing, just make sure its on a nice and warm day and you should be fine. Sand down with 1000 grit, and then blast it with a thick coat, if it runs or goes cloudy its no biggy just lightly sane down and respray

Monaco Blue Mk2
^Yeah, what Middo says is true, you have to go for a thick coat (i.e. spray lots and fairly close) to get a good smooth shine. If you do this a couple of times you can wet sand it then to remove any slight runs or any orange peel effect that you might get. And again as already said. Scratch X is the 'biz' for polishing up. Can be bought from motor world or halfords.

Chocolate Bar™
as above^ use scratch x for a bit of sprucing up, but i'd leave it a good 2 weeks before using it as its more abrasive, same applys if your gonna PC it