ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Last service in warranty period

Car is going into reanult in the morning for its 24000 service a bit early just for them to check it out before the warranty runs out on the 28th. Is there anything I should ask them to check for ? I have two problems, the alarm sometimes beeps 3 times when locking and sometimes when pulling off in first gear I got a bit of a clunk . Thanks In advance

PS Car is a 172 sport

Andrew

Quote: Originally posted by tomski on 07 February 2005

Car is going into reanult in the morning for its 24000 service a bit early just for them to check it out before the warranty runs out on the 28th. Is there anything I should ask them to check for ? I have two problems, the alarm sometimes beeps 3 times when locking and sometimes when pulling off in first gear I got a bit of a clunk . Thanks In advance

PS Car is a 172 sport

Andrew

mate they all do those things and renault very rarely fix them,the clunk is probably you abs self test and is normal, and here is the fix for your alarm

""

Problem: When locking the vehicle the alarm beeps 2 or 3 times!

Reason: The alarm system has received a signal from the vehicle ECU that the ignition is on causing the alarm to beep. This signal is only received by the alarm for 3 to 4 seconds, after this time has elapsed the alarm stops beeping.

Solution: This problem can only be resolved at your local Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the Renault alarm help line and quote reference RS+15, we will then inform them of the modification to be done under warranty.

Please note that this problem will not cause the alarm system to false trigger and is intermittent."""

Ok Thanks very much. Your right they did not find anything wrong with the car just had the 24000 miles service at Cardiff renault @ £225 is that about right ??