ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Late delivery for Clio Cup

Ordered my Cup June 26th - dealer advised delivery would be approx. 6-8 weeks. Letter received from Renault UK last week to advise me that the car would be with dealer on 8th September. Called the dealer last Friday and have been told that delivery will be 25th September.

I am slightly pi55ed off as I have phoned a few other dealers who tell me if I order the car today, I will take delivery around about 25th Sept - not good.

I complained to Renault UK who have done nothing - the dealer has offered me a courtesy car on 8th Sept and my first service cost will be free.

Is this really fair?

Not quite as long, but my cup took about 8 weeks to come thru. and that was about a month ago when I took delivery. Reason was that there were none in the country and they were building to order. Given that it is suppossed to be limited production car I suppose this is reasonable. I also have an Audi S3, same problem, built in limited numbers to rder therefore delivery took about 10 weeks.

regards

I work up the west end in london and one of the managers on the broking desks said he can get new cups for £8500 right away from his bro whos in the trade, If you make some calls you can pick one up this week as there will be stock holdings but dealers get told one thing and you the other, ltd edition, na

Sorry mate no sympathy, I ordered my 172 on the same day and have a delivery date of 16th of October, Although the dealer did write september 53 to make sure I got the new reg!?!

Apparently Renault shut their factory down for the whole of August.

Ordered my Cup on 26th July, was originally told 6-8 weeks and delivery would be approx 3rd week in Sept. Got my letter from Reno the other day saying 15th Oct delivery. Checked with my dealer, he reckons factory is closed for whole of August so delivery is a bit later than normal.

So it looks like were all in the same boat. Itll be worth the wait though...:)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I can imagine what its like having to wait .. but it will be worth it im sure.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Ive been told 14th of october my my dealer for my 172....The wait is killing me, but Ive only been waiting since the beginning of august, not june like you!

Adrian

I was lucky. Someone cancelled their order and my dealer managed to get me it so i had to wait half the normal time, saved 4 weeks wait i think in the end. And its had nothing wrong with it yet.

Well the blue bit above the glove box squeeks but i turn the cd up lol

Abarth 595 Trufeo

Ordered my new 172 on 29th July

and have been told it will be delivered on 10th Oct.

But if its anything like the last one that date will be wrong.

The 10th is a Friday and by the time its had its checks and valet etc,

I am hoping I will be able to pick it up on the Saturday or Monday at the latest. We will have to wait & see.

It is definately worth the wait.

Helen

With all the excessive heat France has been getting this summer, they might have got heat stroke while putting your cars together :confused:

172, Tiguan

Ordered mine on June 20th and I know they didnt have any made;), therefore mine was made when ordered. It arrived on August 18th.

Was kept up to date by Reno, told when it was made, when it was in the country and when it arrived. Mind it does help when your best mate is the salesman!

Matt_E, just keep hassling them, but at least they are prepared to put you in a car till yours arrives

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Jon -

They did have "some" new un-registered Cups in the UK when you ordered yours, but only 8 according to the system (on that particular date), which were dealer allocated and I managed to get one of those!

Renault factory closed month of August - hence late delivery if you ordered shortly before this - friend is expecting his 15th September.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 26 August 2003

hehe Rich-D, I know mine was made to order, cos there were no Silver ones about.
Very true mate...

If I had wanted silver and/or climate then Id have had to wait too!

RB 197 + Cup Pack

I ordered my cup 2 weeks ago, delivery date being end of Sept, however the car was ordered about a 6 weeks ago as it was intended to b a showroom car. If the dealer hadnt of had this 1 already on order it would have been the begining of november b4 i wud get 1.