ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

laughable quote by my local garage!

PB Clio 172
What a joke just had a quote on my rear discs and pads that I supply, fitted £75-£80 !!!!

I mean what is going on I have the brakes ready to go was expecting to pay under £40 maybe but would of tried to get him down on that. Joke quote so I told him I will get back to him on this .... yeah right.

Just wondered what the usual price is for a friendly guy coming in and asking for this quite easy job

nikstar

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Sounds about right if there just disks for the rear, and not complete hubs inc disks!

SQ5
Rapid fit £39 ...............

Useless with my hands

If u read above its discs and pads

RAPID FIT, I wouldn't waste your time. For the sake of spending an extra hour by a proper garage and someone taking time doing it properly is priceless.

But I'd be quoting 2 hours incase of any issues with previous disc being welded to the hub if bearings are knackered etc...

Titanium 182
Yep, sounds fair. I'm getting Mick @ Diamond to do my front brakes and that's £150 including parts.

Lionel Richie
£75-£80 to FIT rear discs and pads and you lot think that's fair? Its a 30min job including fag break which would be £28 labour from me

PB Clio 172
I don't want to go to rapid fit either just been getting a few quote and rapid fit is quite far from my house. I will tell who ever does it about the spacer thing so thanks for that. Would like to hear from somone who has a garage and what they would charge and what's the norm

Lionel Richie
autodata says its a 1hour job, but that's a bit OTT in my eyes, it only ever takes that long IF the rear discs are stuck to the stub axle, but any decent garage should have a puller for that

PB Clio 172
Really thanks for that Fred knew he was trying to rip me off. I should drive up to u what with all the money I would have saved will pay for the petrol lol

Shame honest garages like youself arnt round here. Hence driving 200 mile round trip for a cambelt timing check!

Lionel Richie
He could be charging £70-£80 per hour though which would make his quote fair and genuine, but unless he is the Fenando Alonso of independant mechanics or based in London he's simple too expensive

PB Clio 172
No his face was covered in oil and looked chavy lol sounded like I knew more about the brakes than him...... err I know very little