ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Launch Control

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Anyone have any opinions on a good launch control system for a 172?
I use it on my Cossie as it a built in feature on the EMU ECU as it holds the revs at a given point and retards the ignition and builts up the boost very loud but does the job.
I don't really want to go aftermarket ECU on the Clio so looked a few bolt on kits on eBay such as the Omex and LD Performance ones.
Anyone have any experience in the above models or any for that matter on a N/A engine?
In Hill Climbing getting a good start is essential as on such short runs saving 0.10 off the line can equate to 0.50 over the finish and it's nice to have the consistencey that LC provides.

Rich

clio 182 trophy
I was about to say learn how to launch properly but i continued reading. Isn't there like a rev limit function that you can get?

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
IIRC the new RS tuners support a launch control map.

I have the 98 RON map on already worth having just for the raised rev limit, I can't see a Launch Control Map on the RS Tuner website, have you got a link?

Rich

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
I was about to say learn how to launch properly but i continued reading. Isn't there like a rev limit function that you can get?

I believe that's what the Omex system does and you just release the but once you have pulled and at full traction.

Rich

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Resultsman%20Prescott%2006-09-15_zps9drcf0qk.jpg

Here's my times from the weekend with my 64ft on the far left, reasonable consistent with in about a tenth.
Is this about right for a virtaully stock ph1 172 engine (exhaust de-cat panel filter 98 re map) I'm on sticky Avon ZZR's.
The start line is normal tarmac an not prepared surface like a 1/4 mile event.

Do this 64ft look ok or should they be lower?

Rich