ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH removal / race car wiring.

Morning gentlemen,

Wondered if a couple of Clio experts could maybe weigh in and I assumed you'd all be on here 👍

I have a little 172 here, ph2 DBW throttle.

The car is on a slimmed down loom, everything is run from an aftermarket fusebox and relay box, the UCH and various modules are gone, however unlike usual with this type of thing the OE clocks and ECU (de-immobilsed but no further tuning or coding) are retained instead of going for aftermarket items.

The ECU has its relevant battery and ignition lives (all fused appropriately) and good solid grounds, I've triple checked end to end against the diagram, however the fuel pump won't run, using pin 9 to trigger a relay as it did originally. Verified the circuit with a power probe and it's good, checked the purple Pin 9 wire and the ECU is not grounding it.

The CANBUS still runs to the OBD port (along with the the K Line) and then on to the dash, the CAN network still measures 60 ohms so both terminating resistors are present, presumably they built into the ECU and dash.

Any input appreciated, the car is supposed to be out on Friday.

Thanks!

It was sent off to an ECU place, who apparently bypassed the immobiliser, however that is all we know.

There definitely isn't any external emulator or other related gubbins.

I have to agree about going standalone, so I believe it is now ECUmaster time and the car will be all the better for it I'm sure.

I appreciate the replies either way, it's nice to sound off and confirm you aren't going crazy sometimes haha.

All the best guys 👍

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
They will most likely have virgined the ecu or fitted an emulator inside. You could try and connect the can lines to an obd port and see if a scanner will delete any codes stored, if thats the case the ecu is unlocked, if it wont let you delete codes its locked.

Id definitely get it gone for ecumaster and pdu setup.

I couldn't actually communicate via the scanner, which caused alarm bells, despite the CAN high and low, K Line and lives and grounds being present and correct (correct resistance in the CANBUS also) so I guess that was game over. I think the ECU may actually be toast given the no communication.

New ECUmaster loom is halfway through so will finish it up and load a base map today and hopefully we're cooking (old one above, new one below).

IMG20220517204304.jpg

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
Having removed my ECU just make sure you get someone knowing exactly what to do as it's an utter nightmare if they don't.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk