ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

laws on exhausts

im thinking about gettin a straight through center section on my j plate rt. whats the laws regaurding silencers etc? do i need at least one? obviously i dont need a cat but do i have to have a silencer b4 the back box?

comments appriciated

matt

I know plenty of people that dont, but they regret it. Beliwve me an exhuast just sounds crap without a silencer to, at least, deepen the noise. A 1.4 will sound like a slow bike without silencers, gets too raspy

hmmmm im not sure mate - my mates maxim had a piper 4 inch slash cut back box with a powerflow straight thro pipe. it sounded awesome even on a 1.4, with only 100rpm of rasp between 6000prm and 6100rpm.

Ray

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

im pretty sure the law doesnt require anything, cat, silencer or anything as long as it meets the emissions and noise regulations (aparently its hard to test for noise levels, and id be suprised if mine met either with a decat pipe, straight through centre section and 4" Piper) :devilish: In my experience big pipes on a 1.4 can be raspy at higher revs, but on my 16v the piper was for a while but seems to be ok now.