ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Le Mans 2020?

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Its too late to book for 2019. Most of the ferries are booked :(

I've had the privilege, of attending this event from 2000-2010 and loved every minute of it. And I mean, every single minute........every single minute!!!!!

Its the greatest race on earth!! Forget the Indy 500, its spectacular to watch, but its 200 mph turning left all the time.

The Indy cars looks good, but when do they turn right?

Monaco F1 GP? Amazing event, but its a procession.

The Le Mans winners, complete almost a full Formula 1 season in 1 day!!

Not forgetting, the constant over taking, with the lower classes. LMP2, GTPRO and GTAM. And they race at night, with the flash of the cameras, the cars look spectacular ?

Its like 4 races in one.

I'm sure many of you have been to Le Mans in the past, lets collect our experiences and create a great weekend for all :)

Whose up for it? :)

Clio Trophy + GT3
Are you sure it's too late to book for 2019?
I went from 2000 to 2017 & this was approx the time of year we used to start sorting tickets & Euro-tunnel crossings. We gave it a miss last year (did the Classic instead) due to the lack of any competition to Toyota in LMP1. Numbers were down last year & we're not planning to go in 2019 either. I suspect others may also want to see how rule changes shake out.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I went this year and the Saturday was rammed. I think next time I'll do the classic just for a more relaxed event

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I went a few years ago with my brother for about five or six days. Camped in one the circuit camp sites, from memory I spent £700 in total (we split all costs equally).

Its immense, if you’ve not been you need to go.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Could someone go through the budgeting for this? I've never been but would like to go in 2020, but have no idea on the cost of tickets, travel, fuel, spends etc.

Booking around this time, you'll be looking at the campsites outside the circuit tbh (there maybe the odd space left on the popular sites).

We always stay on Houx Annexe.

Speak to Brian at 1st Tickets and see what he's got available.

Camping wise you're looking at about £150 per person based on a car and two people on a pitch.

Ferry prices have shot up a bit recently, roughly £170 return for Dover-Calais.

Fuel wise it's a 1200 mile round trip for me in the Clio and i do it on 3 1/2 - 4 tanks of fuel.

Food and drink inside the circuit is pretty extortionate, over €10 a pint now.

Could do it for less than £500 each quite easily.

Booking around this time, you'll be looking at the campsites outside the circuit tbh (there maybe the odd space left on the popular sites).

We always stay on Houx Annexe.

Speak to Brian at 1st Tickets and see what he's got available.

Camping wise you're looking at about £150 per person based on a car and two people on a pitch.

Ferry prices have shot up a bit recently, roughly £170 return for Dover-Calais.

Fuel wise it's a 1200 mile round trip for me in the Clio and i do it on 3 1/2 - 4 tanks of fuel.

Food and drink inside the circuit is pretty extortionate, over €10 a pint now.

Could do it for less than £500 each quite easily.

Thanks James, I did however mean 2021! It's a start though for getting some prices though.

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
I got the train to Le Mans through Paris from London on Saturday morning, then the train back on Sunday night. Took a chair and "slept" in that on the side of the circuit. The train was £223 (I booked very late) and GA ticket for the race was €82.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I feel like I’m the only person to have gone Portsmouth-Caen on the ferry. Was only like an hour and a half of driving in France to get to Le Mans.

I’d love to go again next year. Best motorsport experience in the world.
DC04D234-C8BB-4876-BF3D-F93F41059E0F.jpegF9C46863-FCF0-4FB3-9465-842184629859.jpeg03406A33-689F-4A0B-A5DB-C238492FDC0D.jpeg6357A667-41CE-414E-B054-155F0C37DBBF.jpeg74645908-853B-46DA-A37C-44EEA40908D7.jpegDEE60E74-72C3-4C81-89D5-E05D723ED798.jpeg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I feel like I’m the only person to have gone Portsmouth-Caen on the ferry. Was only like an hour and a half of driving in France to get to Le Mans.
we did that route, proper sausage fest on the ferry and I think everyone was pissed by the time we got into Caen.
2CB875D1-B227-4692-823C-A846B91ED9BE.jpeg

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Think this is year 9 for a few of the failsport lot (including @Sir_Dave who does a champion job of organising us/getting away on his birthday weekend every year🤣) And cannot wait. Although suspect the lupo wot be making a third appearance.....

CAF74E47-3220-41A9-86A1-82B43DAD60B2.jpeg583FC673-41EF-4771-9A2B-48F958374DEF.jpeg

It’s a proper highlight of the year. Take plenty of extension leads, a fridge or two, a BBQ (because food on site is dear/average) and a camping chair.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
anyone know how you can watch free practice and qualifying?

I've got Eurosport but it only looks like it's on tonight.

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
Worth buying a month of Eurosport to watch? I usually just pay direct to WEC. Do you get all the extra onboards and timing?

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Worth buying a month of Eurosport to watch? I usually just pay direct to WEC. Do you get all the extra onboards and timing?
not sure about onboard timings with Eurosport.

It's next on Eurosport at one today for 2nd practice.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
One of my friends is doing the race this year. Going to get a free trial on Motortrend and watch I think :D

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Thats the man :D He's fast so hopefully shines and the team dont get into any trouble. Its silly difficult to get a drive at Le Mans so he's certainly wishing for a good race :D

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I’ve only just seen this is going ahead. this has made my weekend now as I thought they had just binned endurance off this year.

Who's staying up to watch it then? Usually some good action during the darkness!

Le mans at night is still the one of my best ever motorsport experiences, gutted it's behind closed doors this year 😪

I'd usually get the red bull out and stay up all night to watch but got an early start back at Thruxton tomorrow morning.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
There was a few incidents during the first hour of darkness earlier.

They said one fifth of this years drivers have never raced at Le Mans. Not sure now that compares to previous years but it seems high.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Gutted to not to have gone this year! would’ve been our tenth on the trot. There was a good YouTube feed with eurosport coverage and radio Le Mans but it just got shut down 😩

Bring on some heavy rain in the night time!

The red Aston looks epic!

Andropidis

ClioSport Club Member
I'm up and watching. I feel like this promise of rain isn't going to happen.

... There was a good YouTube feed with eurosport coverage and radio Le Mans but it just got shut down 😩...

PM'd - same stream is available elsewhere.

I haven't been for the last few years but the place is magical if you're a petrolhead 😎 Was planning on going this year too 😪

PM'd - same stream is available elsewhere.

I was watching the one that got taken down too, any chance of getting that link 😂 I might get some spare time today to watch a bit of it. Been making do with some of the in car livestreams for now!

Andropidis

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't been for the last few years but the place is magical if you're a petrolhead 😎 Was planning on going this year too 😪

I was watching the one that got taken down too, any chance of getting that link 😂 I might get some spare time today to watch a bit of it. Been making do with some of the in car livestreams for now!

Sorry mate, just seen this! PM'd now, 15 mins left!

I noticed earlier that one of the cars was live-streaming the in-car footage onto a youtube stream - crazy quality, looked like it was a proper workout for hours on end!

I noticed earlier that one of the cars was live-streaming the in-car footage onto a youtube stream - crazy quality, looked like it was a proper workout for hours on end!

I watched a few of them on Saturday night, it's good seeing the race from the drivers view instead of normal footage 😎 The speed difference between the LMP cars and GT classes is quite scary, especially in the dark 😱