ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Le Mans June 2013

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
i thought houx opened booking in october? f***s sake, have to look at annexe then maybe.

Houx is generally so popular that all the people that stay there get priority booking each year, so we stayed in 2011 & 1st Tickets offered us the same place again for 2012 if we paid our £40 deposit each by Sept 1st. Same process for 2013, i just missed the cut-off as i was in Thailand for most of August ...

Plenty of space on Houx Annex though, you just have to take a really long extension lead to get power on Houx. Or take a sparky and tap into one of the street lights ;)

Confirmed for FailSport are: me, mike (+ hallam?) nick, ollie, ross, ryan, tom, dom, saner (+1?). Vish isnt going as he is gay.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
It's very early days but a provisional list of South Central drivers and passengers is:

Gorms (Paul)
atouba (Tim)

Tom172Cup

Cub 172 (Oli)
Tim.

+
Dagenham Dustbin (Chris)
Pete.

Chances of getting onto Camping Houx are zero so it's potentially going to be Houx Annexe (?) for us newcomers.

To give you an idea of costs, last year it was £172 each for 2 in a car, ferry crossing, camping at Houx Annexe & race tickes. (3 in a car = £143 per person).

Petrol Blue 182.
theres loads of campsites.

From what I can gather Bleu Nord seems to be very overcrowded.
Beausejour is a million miles away and resembles a down town bagdad scene.
Houx Annexe is Houx with out leccy and showers etc.

Houx and Houx Annex is where you want to be (IMO). 10-15 min walk from the main straight, Tetre Rouge Corner, Main Village etc.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
apparently houx tickets havnt been relaeased yet 1st tickets have sold thier expected allocation to customers last year. BUT depending how many sell to ACO members it may mean they dont get thier full allocation

Clio 200 cup
Oh Tim you do open yourself up to some piss takes, but I'm going to review the situation as innocent banter and re-frame from rising to the bait. :) x

330i. E30 Touring.
For those in the know, are grandstand seats worth considering? From £80 for the whole weekend.

We've never bothered as you get plenty a good enough view from the banks/just walking around the track.

On the main straight and coming down through Dunlop curves etc i'm sure you'll see the cars for longer up in the stands etc, but the view isn't bad from the side of the track..

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
we had 2 grandsrtand tickets between 4 of us, apparently the start of the race was amazing from up there, we were on the banking and im short so didnt get to see much in all honesty.. grandstand for us next year

Petrol Blue 182.
I'd imagen Grandstand for the start would be great.
Plenty of other great places to view from, tbh I get bored staying in one spot for so long.

Me and Vish have managed to get into stands foc by asking once early evening comes and people start to filter off etc.