ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leaking cam end seal

A shed
Tried a search but not having much luck :(

My cam end seal is leaking (gearbox side of the engine) and chucking oil out over my exhaust manifold.

Really need to sort it before in on track on 31st of july, so whats the best way? Ive read that the rocker cover holds the cams in so taking that all off to redo them is a complete no go area. is it possible to pop the seal out and redo it with some instant gasket without unbolting anything?

too much of a ballache and ill just go down to dan@519 and get in his way whilst he does it :D

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Buy two from renault, £12ish iirc. Pull the old ones out then used a rubber mallet to get the new ones back in. Simple.

A shed
90% sure....

Rear one isn't in properly and covered in oil with a trail from it, breather plate isnt sealed amazingly but can't find a leak on it big enough

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Has someone tried to reuse it do you think? I see a few that have been tapped out with a drive (which bends them) so they can be used again.

172, Tiguan
I've used the ones you get on ebay. I'd frown on that usually, but i've never had any issues with them. I think they are about £6 for the pair.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Has someone tried to reuse it do you think? I see a few that have been tapped out with a drive (which bends them) so they can be used again.
Definitely been re used. We spotted a lot of bodges when the car was bought as it had an engine swap just before. I'd like to check cam timing anyway to be honest.

A shed
Engine was supplied by Owen:s on here with the belt done immediately prior to sale so I suspect that's when they were re used.

Ill order a pair of the eBay ones as they can't be worse than the current state.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I have to keep a close eye, you'll probably get the angle grinder on it again

287_22994624618_2898_n.jpg