ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leaking sunroof idea....?

Golf TDI
so you are reccomending to seal between the black plastic thats on the outside of the car where it meets the metal ?

Clio Sport 172
so you are reccomending to seal between the black plastic thats on the outside of the car where it meets the metal ?

thats what im gonna do tomorrow i cant be bothered to take it off... ill just do a really neat job ill get some pics up tomorrow

Golf TDI
nice one , i gave it one attempt but didnt do it this way lol it bugs me water dripping on my arms when i drive lol

Clio Sport 172
i have a plan to maskin tape the plastic and the body work so i can just see the gap.. put sealer in then smooth with my finger then take the masking tape off while its still wet to give a smooth neat finish :D

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
depends on you. it may not work just sealing around the edge, if you get a pin hole game over. plus it may not bond properly

Clio Sport 172
ok so..

Image095.jpg

thats the gap.. quite big i must say...

Image096.jpg

all taped up.. i found i didnt need to tape the plastic cause the sealer just wipes off. (plus the tape didnt stick lol)

Image097.jpg

thats with the sealer in

Image099.jpg

thats it dry :D

now just got to wait till it rains to test it out...

Golf TDI
Tried silicone, new seals, drain plug blockage, even siliconed the whole sunroof shut...
still leaking....
]
same here ! im having another crack tomorra . lol today i even taped it all up in any place it could possibly let water through ( sunroof ) and it still leaked when i just finished work !

Clio Sport 172
mine seems all good so far ^_^ got the water stains off my seats too with soom 1001 stuff... car smells right nice too now lol

Golf TDI
officially fixed after checking tonight after " heavy " rain lol :) just need to buy brand new handles and clips for my interior after i broke all of mine !

2008 clio 3 1,2 bvr
I had this problem 2 days ago after a heavy rain and I did the maintenance myself, it rained that all day long and in the night snowed a lot-still snowing, and I think I came over this problem, no more leaking. there were some drops fell down from the switch key.
I checked the emptying pipes first, they were blocked with old grease and dust sth, cleaned all, then cleaned the rails from the old grease, and took a long hard cable and put into the pipes to check if water was going down. then I put some new gress on the rails. I took the rubber wick out and cleaned it and the surface it was put on.
it is not leaking anymore. this is an easy and do it yourself thing.