ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lease hire options ? clio 197 / clio 200

MKIII 138
http://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/

any good ?

and by that i mean a.) the company and b.) i assume this is personal lease hire ?

do you usually get to trade in your current car aswell and clear existing finance

http://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/Renault_Clio_3_Door-20_Renaultsport_197_Cup-13946.htm

£219 a month for 3 years ( or £234 for two years) then hand back, buy or extend contract..
just thinking it wont be long before you can get the clio 200 for same price (in red with black wheels .. yum)

what the pros and cons or is this just for business only ? looks like personal lease and tbh even with previous large deposits and good prices from renaultsport dealers ive only ever paid that + balloon on PCP, or HP with higher payment

MKIII 138
so.. my thing is im really wanting to shift the clio 138 now, so i have lots of options.

i saw a thread and indeed nationwide do seem to do a simular price for a VW sirroco ?

Volkswagen Scirocco 2.0 Tdi 140 Gt 3Dr = £239 over 3 years.

whats the catch (apart from no modding etc..)

MKIII 138
the catch is you dont own it? oh and those prices are probably plus VAT

well thats good info m8 ! need to be wary of added costs, other than intial payment and VAT what else is there to be wary of ?

is owning such a big deal, i have to ask myself i will own the 138 in 32 months and then i will save £220pcm but then.. i have to get a new car after 3 years and it will probably be worth £0 by then anyway

the question is, is it better to lease a brand new (any marque, so not traped in renault finance loop) car every 2-3 years whatever the lastest model or own a slightly worse one to save money and not be able to shift it when the time comes to sell ?

Only you can answer that mate, and I think by asking it you have answered your own question.

I looked at lease deals, but for me when i got my car buying was the best option.

One thing to look out for on lease deals is whether or not its a maintained deal. Maintained deals include everything, servicing even tyres and brakes iirc though you'd need to doubel check this. Obviously this can be very good value for money, however you have to do the workings out.

Best advice I can give is call a couple places and speak to them get advice from them. One company that seemed to have a lot of good deals when I looked at them, and where very helpful are www.appliedleasing.co.uk

clio 172 cup
u will also get charged for any damage(big scratchs) to the car when u hand it back also it might be in the contract u have to service at the dealer

MKIII 138
u will also get charged for any damage(big scratchs) to the car when u hand it back also it might be in the contract u have to service at the dealer

thats what i thought, if i got a 2 year plan for example the first year would be free service (with nationwide) and then i only have to pay the rip off price 1 once for the second year.

worst thing i can see straight away is that you do get caught in a finance loop again as the purchase price of the vehicle at the end may be more than the vehicle is worth

Last edited:
  clio 172
+insurance is a right cooont to get on a car you dont own.

i did a quote on a vxr and 95% refused to insure it on the above grounds

Clio MK3 Work in progress
You must also remember that on a lease hire you owe the full amount regardless of what happens to the car. So if you are unfortunate to crash or have a total loss, then once you minus the payout from the insurance you still have the outstanding finance to pay if value is less then amount left on loan. Happened to me a while ago. Still had £2000 to pay back and no car. That’s why i wouldn't go near lease hire again. You can’t also pay any money back when you want to. I'm not saying that you shouldn’t go for it, there are some good hire/ purchase deals about, there are just so many things that tie you in. I'm now a firm believer in that if you can only afford a £4000 car, then drive a £4000 car. (Not that I know your situation)

MKIII 138
well to be honest, your logic is correct i couldnt afford a £200k house out of my pocket either, in the end loans/mortgage/finance are there to allow everyone a slice at the fun not just a few select people... having said that i take your point about lease hire.

I dont know anyone who has bought a car outright thats actually got a nice car, with bills, mortgage etc.. it would take an age to save £4000 let alone £12,000 ! (im talking over a year for the latter)

also HP isnt bad tbh half way through you can hand the car back, there is no ballon and only the monthly payments are higher for 36 months then you own the car (what im on)

i may go for another HP deal me-thinks