ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leather gate cover for gearstick broken (182)

Clio 182
Hi guys, the plastic clips holding the leather cover on my geartick have snapped, so its pulling loose all the time while changing gear. Can I fix it or do I need a new one?

54 Clio 182 2.0
i have the exact same problem ive tried super glue but it dosent work!!! maybe try screw it in or something ...:S

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
I had this and bought a new one only for it to snap the 2 clips on putting back in. I then got a small metal pliable washer type thing and bent it and screwed through the plastic cover and it now holds raelly tight. i positioned it at a 6 o'clock position.
I hope this helps.

Clio Sport 172
i used silicone, left over night now its stuck down nice and need...... then spent my saved tenner in the pub! ;)

The new one from renault dealers costs £7.60 iirc.

Just cut the old one off and put the new one over, tighten the cable tie and then you're good to go.