ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leather Steering Wheel

Noticed a slight "nick" on the leather trimmed part, kinda like the leather has ever so slightly chipped off a wee tiny - but noticeable - bit,

is it new steering wheel time or can this be repaired/hidden in any way.

also my airbag part of the steering wheel where the renault diamond and the SRP AIRBAG lettering is, i.e. the airbag unit, is beginning to lose its colour, i.e. its not fading as such but the kinda leather grain effect theres like a white-ish part beginning to run in an outline through the grain.

would there be any chance of claiming this under warranty, my cars a 2004 and has 1 month warranty left, and has only done 29K miles.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd say your pretty lucky if there is only a slight nick on the leather part.

DrRollo: forgot to mention, its also fading on the leather part just below the airbag.

imagine if you will the part of the steering wheel where on 172/182s you have the silver insert that says RENAULTsport now mines being only a dynamique doesnt have a silver insert there, just the leather and its faded there as well, the leather is fading away and leaving just a yellow-ish mark.

Noticed a slight "nick" on the leather trimmed part, kinda like the leather has ever so slightly chipped off a wee tiny - but noticeable - bit,

is it new steering wheel time or can this be repaired/hidden in any way.

also my airbag part of the steering wheel where the renault diamond and the SRP AIRBAG lettering is, i.e. the airbag unit, is beginning to lose its colour, i.e. its not fading as such but the kinda leather grain effect theres like a white-ish part beginning to run in an outline through the grain.

would there be any chance of claiming this under warranty, my cars a 2004 and has 1 month warranty left, and has only done 29K miles.

Doesn't sound like its very serious so I don't see it being a warently cliam but this sort of thing is covered yes.

Won't they simply claim 'wear and tear' on a three year old car?

Under the fitness for purpose for act its not fit for purpose so its covered.

Ist down to dealerships they have to pay and claim back from Renault some garages have started being realy strikt sicne Renaul refused a few calism and at £400 a time for the garage when Renault refuse to pay its expensive.

"Navy" N17 TWO
My steering wheel has the meltage too, and my 3yr warranty was just up in Febuary :S
Can I still claim it?

well as I work for arnold clark I went to 1 of our renault showrooms and asked about a new wheel under warranty, I get on quite well with the parts guy and he said he'd try his best but he was 95% sure that since the car was nearly 3yr old he'd have trouble proving it was a manufacturing defect, he'd have trouble proving it was simply wear n tear too but as it was difficult to tell 1 way or the other renault would say no.

gutted :(

can any1 repair my steering wheel leather? it is 1 tiny tiny wee kinda "chip" where like some1 has dug their fingernail into the leather and caused a wee kinda indent and a wee tiny bit of leather has came off.

really refuse to pay 250quid for a new steering wheel cost of 1 tiny little mark, but at the same time its annoying me knowing its not 100%