ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

led conversion

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
What is it really?
Just a pre-made dial face and some LEDs for the dash?
Wanted to do a conversion, but I'm too heavy handed haha.

What is it really?
Just a pre-made dial face and some LEDs for the dash?
Wanted to do a conversion, but I'm too heavy handed haha.

They are just the LED's.

You have to remove the dash and then take the dials out, unsolder the smd leds from the face then solder the new ones on

Yeah just the SMDs it seems, still not a bad price for a kit, about £20 quid for the SMDs normally isnt it?

A lot of fun soldering, want to do a white change over if i get a sport.

There not LEDs there flat SMDs

And to buy all of them which is quite a few its about 15-20 quid so its about the same, only in the kit you get the filters if needed for the climate control and trip computer screens.

Polo + Micra
There not LEDs there flat SMDs

And to buy all of them which is quite a few its about 15-20 quid so its about the same, only in the kit you get the filters if needed for the climate control and trip computer screens.

they are led's just in a smd package rather than say a basic 5mm package

this is where i got mine from when i did my dials

ClioSport - Blue
I'd get a someone who is professional todo it too.. they are a right pain in butt. I did it to my last speedo and I blew the board lol

Listerine & Poledo
Good luck with it.

Hopefully you can still adjust the brightness though, I wouldn't want all that glaring out of the dash when driving at night.

Hell, is there a SAAB-style "night-panel" kit out there?

Interested in pics, hope progress goes well :)

Ran plasma dials for a while loved them, took them out last time dash was off because of selling soon, non sport plasma dials for sale if anyones interested on the side. pm.

clio 172 ph2
got switches, clock, interior light and plasma dials done...............Now for the climate controll! any 1 know how to get it out?? :S

remove head unit, 2 screws at the bottom of the head unit housing, then somehow remove the cover at the bottom of the climate control and wiggle it out... if i remember correctly.

clio 172 ph2
.................think al give the mile counter a miss , cant seem to get inside it. a dont want to break it lol. will get pics up of the rest soon

Polo + Micra
yeah.

how did you do the rest of the speedo without taking them off?

i suggest prising them off with a fork but put something under it to stop it from scratching

J

JT-182

i've converted my dash this weekend, took me 5-6hrs on sat,
was a propa b**ch at times, but well worth it me thinks! got photos but lost ma lead for my camera! haha! :cool: