ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED dash colour change

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Decided to switch to white and blue, as it clearly a massive uplift and modernisation of Renaults poor 90s look lighting.

Did discover a couple of previous owner bodges which fcuked me off.. however the end result is good.

Only slight bug is the clock has hot spots from the LEDs, even replacing the sanded down filter (hot spots were really obvious with that) with some paper hasn't worked.

Going by the car only passed its MoT a week ago, i'm sure you can all guess the bodge that was done, but can any one guess how badly it was done?

20140926_0825151_zpse8adacfc.jpg

20140926_0830221_zps754a784e.jpg

BG 182
I remember dismantling some clocks on my old corsa, and remember it had a orange film, is that the case with these too?

I've used. Sticky back plastic, latex gloves, good quality thin card and diffuser paper from studio lights. The cheapest solution being the latex gloves worked quite well try place some closer to the LEDs.

I've used a mini strip of SMD LEDs instead of the 2 twist lock as they don't diffuse very well. Soldered them to the contact for the twist lock bulbs.

Similar to what I did on my old Clio for the heater panel.
8yhupane.jpg

The blue background is to do with the LCD display and how it reacts to white light. When doing a blue and white theme its really nice!
da8yje8y.jpg

Someone else's I've done. Took effort to sort red and blue bits with white needles.
9yny2ehu.jpg

Still a little glare, not perfect but liveable!
8atumeqy.jpg

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Just to go back to the bodges I mentioned, someone had used black mastic in the airbag and serv light holes, which when removed pulled off one of the leds!
And when they put it back together the had put the needles back incorrectly, which explains why the cruise control figures didn't match the speedo.
And they went to all that trouble, when 10secs of googling would reveal to anyone to check the seat connectors. Ive just spent 1min checking them and the lights are now off.