ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED Dash Conversion Suggestions

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi Guys,

Just done an LED dash conversion to Blue in my 182. All looks great apart from the Radio/Clock display. The "Renault" and Time is barely visible in most viewing angles. At very specific angles its perfect. I think the white filter just isn't thick enough for the LED brightness. What have other people done for filters?

(I have the display with four smds, not the bulbs in the back)

I actually got the Crazy LEDS kit as I wanted the filters. However, It seems its the filter thats actually the problem!

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've managed to get it to almost to a liveable standard by selotaping some paper directly over the LED's. Must be a better solution!

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Well after experimenting with makeshift paper filters with varied results, the solution I came up with was to unclip the clock display unit from the top clips of the dash surround to give a better viewing angle. Worked fairly well but still not 100% happy. I think I will be removing and putting white LEDs (or a combination of the two) in instead.

If anyone comes across this - I'd probably give Blue LEDs a miss for the clock. Great on the climate control though.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I scraped the orange filter with a blade till it was white. Used LEDs at first which due to the beam projection looked a little pants. So moved to blue coloured incandscent bulbs, but the blue wast that bright or the right hue. Gave up in the end and fitted my data logging phone there instead.
Leds looked likes this:
View attachment 1178992

clio 182 turbo
I have a full led dash conversion kit for sale clocks etc the lot 50 plus postage ,inbox me .

sorry to hijack the thread but I don't have a clio anymore

Renault Clio 2
Can someone tell if it's possible to convert the manual climate into bulls white leds? I removed the filter but it's still yellow with white light :/