ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup LED clock/radio display MFD? very dim

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
Hi
My 172 cup clock/thingy that tells you which radio station you're listening to (think its called an MFD) has become almost unreadably dim. Do I have to take half the car apart to replace the bulb/led. Is it easier than that? Any tips? cheers. Will

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
take the top dash off then it's 2 x 509t bulbs
there's a guide on youtube/here which explains how to get the dash top off. It takes about 5-10 minutes. Sounds worse than it is!

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
great. Thanks Graham. I'd found a post on here about the bulb types, will now try and find the bit about getting the unit out to change them. Many thanks. Will

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Pop the top of the steering wheel cowl off by pulling at the soft bits where the stalks are. And you’ll see 2 t20s
Behind the dash trims there are 4 additional t20s
There are three in the front demister vent
Finally are two slightly bigger but plastic ones on the sides.
You need to remove the a pillar trim. First remove the door seal in that area and working your way down from the top start to pull the trim off, about 3-4 inches from the top of the trim there’s a little barb which needs pushing in to then release the rest of the trim.
Pull the dash top forwards and it should pop off. If it’s a struggle, push down a bit over the passengers airbag whilst removing as they can get caught there.

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Graham. Many, many thanks for your explanation. Very kind of you and much appreciated. Cheers. Will