ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Less than a Week old !!!

53 plate 172

My car isnt oficially a week old till 4.00 today but already:

I have found unfinished paint work near the fron t grill when cleaning car yesterday.

This morning I have just locked my car in work but the alarm gave off a continuous siren, I tried a few times.

In the end it lasted for about a minute then stoped, anybody recognise this sympton?

Thanks

2012 WRX Waggon

it normally gives a continuous tone when it detects an open door, or another alarm trigger.

sounds like it needs a tweeking.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

My new 172s alarm kept going off. took it back to the dealer and they swapped the wires over on the alarm unit. Apparently this alters the sensitivity. Hasnt given a false alarm since.

Hope you get it sorted

53 plate 172

Just been out to check it again, made sure the doors, boot and bonnet were closed correctly.

Same thing happened..............car locks then continuous buzzer for 60 seconds then everything seems normal, how do I know if the alarm is actually armed though?

Do you normally have to book cars in for this problem or is it best just to turn up and ask for help, cbearing in mind I bought the car from a broker.

Well pd off !

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Id phone them up. Sounds like your alarms faulty (cont buzzer) well mine doesnt do that. When it arms the indicators flash and LED flashes on console.

erm how to check if alarm works (very technical)

pick up brick

chuck at window

or open window and lock the car then stick hand in car and wave

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

you can disable the alarm just now. put key in ignition turn to pos 2 twice and then lock door. Car should beep twice.

Immobiliser will still be working just no alarm.

53 plate 172

The LED was flashing by the gear stick when I left the car so I assume it is fully armed??

Ill try and get to a dealer tonight on my way home from work.

Cheers for the advice.

Quote: Originally posted by norfolkminis on 03 November 2003

you can disable the alarm just now. put key in ignition turn to pos 2 twice and then lock door. Car should beep twice.

Immobiliser will still be working just no alarm.
Doesnt that just disable the ultrasonic sensors - the door/bonnet sensors should still be armed - I think!

53 plate 172

Looks like Im gonna be working late so may not get to the garage tonight !!

If all the buzzer is trying to tell me is one of the doors etc is not closed correctly and I know that it is then hopefully the alarm still arms and I can get some sleep tonight.

I can then take it in to sort out what hopefully is just a dodgy sensor.

53 plate 172

No, but you have given me food for thought, what if the boot interior light is staying on...........hmmmm

Just reading my book now and it says about the 60 seconds it takes to protect the car once the key is pressed. Funny enough I get the continuous buzzer sounding for about 60 seconds, then it seems to stop and the car is protected. Red light by gearstick is flashing correctly and all doors are locked.

Ill nip to the dealers at lunch time tomorrow, probably have to book it in but at least I can show somebody the symptons.

JUst makes me mad, all that heard earned and things go wrong in less than a week, have I had a Friday car.............:cry:

53 plate 172

Sorry to harp on about this people, I know I have to take it in to the dealers as soon as I get chance.

Alarm was going off a few minutes ago, so I went out

disarmed

armed

then went off again

funny thing is that continuous buzzer is no longer there !!!!

How do I turn off the sensors please, I dont want to annoy the neighbours and I dont want to get woken up later on tonight !!!

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

put your ignition key in a turn till lights come on dash then switch off and repeat again. Lock car with key fob within 10/20 seconds and it should beep a couple of times.

53 plate 172

After the false alarm early yesterday evening I had no further problems.

UNlocked it this morning......no beeps.

Locked it when I got into work............no buzzer

Corrected itself maybe???

Ill stil get it checked out.

I had the same problem with mine, it was the interior light, but it would seem its rather temperamental. Best to get its checked, never had an real problems with mine.

53 plate 172

As in the alarm was sensing the interior light was on when you could quite clearly see it wasnt you mean mate??