ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Let me introduce my new baby.....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Picked it up on Thursday. Love it! I spent 4 hours on it today and i'm chuffed to bits!!

This is how it started....

SS851161.jpg

SS851160.jpg

SS851164.jpg

SS851159.jpg

SS851162.jpg

SS851165.jpg

Then I covered EVERYTHING in TFR; doorshuts, engine bay, arches, wheels, under the sills and the whole front end.

SS851166.jpg

The wheels however weren't having any of it so i got the acid out...You can see it fizzing away on the ground! Nasty horrible stuff.

SS851168.jpg

And then it was all washed off and then given a good shampoo. Twice.

SS851169.jpg

and here are the results!

SS851170.jpg

SS851172.jpg

SS851173.jpg

SS851176.jpg

SS851180.jpg

SS851177.jpg

SS851175-1.jpg

SS851174.jpg

SS851178.jpg

SS851181.jpg

SS851179.jpg

Any comments welcome. :)

Looks like it come up well fella:) I spy a new front plate (cut down) on it too.

You going to polish the engine up at all ?? That would look spanking of you did, also maybe get anew header tank for it ? as that oners a bit grubby.

Nice motor dude & rare as too, has it got a/c in it ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Top job fella, got there in the end. You know that inlet is screaming to be polished:)

No more polished engines for me. Too much upkeep. The last one I had took me a whole day to polish and get it looking mint, then after a couple of hours driving, it would need doing again!

Craig, the plate is not cut down.... (i was hoping nobody noticed! lol) I have a strip of black electrical tape across it. No A/C either.

Thats come up well that has, looks like a mint example.
Out of interest what was the acid you used on the wheels as it has worked really well.

Welcome to cup ownership, I know it'll be brief but enjoy the stay.

lol at the tape!

I'm off to do the same right now :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Out of interest what was the acid you used on the wheels as it has worked really well.

Descaling acid. You buy it from B&Q and its meant for descaling boilers/pressure washers etc. I dilute it 50/50 and you can actually watch it eating through the brake dust/tar spots. I only ever use it once on a set of wheels though as its obviously very strong.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Thats a good idea for a quick clean.Some of the wheel cleaners are getting expensive now and dont always do what they say on the tin..

Descaling acid. You buy it from B&Q and its meant for descaling boilers/pressure washers etc. I dilute it 50/50 and you can actually watch it eating through the brake dust/tar spots. I only ever use it once on a set of wheels though as its obviously very strong.

Cool, I will try it on the inside of one of my wheels to check it doesn't strip the paint, then give it ago, i ve got some brake deposits on my front wheels that none of the off the shelf stuff will shift.

106 GTi
Looks a great example Dan, only sold my Clio today and already want another one !

Wheel Acid sounds interesting, tried everything on the inners of the GTi today and still crap left over on them. Will have to grab some.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There was 78 made according to the guy i bought it off.

It currently has 50,099 miles on it.

As for selling it on here..... no ta. ;)