ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

light just come on?? on my clio 182

182 cup
just pulled up at petrol station and car was driving great, low on fuel so pulled up and chucked 20 quids worth of superunleaded in.

started car and drove off. noticed 30 secs later(i assume its been on since i put the fuel in) that the light on the dash in the bottom right that looks like a tap
see this link
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=406971

is on. bit worried so i drove carefully and pulled up and turned car on/off 2/3 times and it stays on constant. even if i just put to ignitionand airbag lights go off after a few secs this light stays lit. i then took it for a thrash and it drives perfect still???

it must mean somethings wrong, but car feels fine???

the car ive had two weeks but only done aprox 50 miles in it and only just sold my 106gti so just started using as everyday driver today

it has a decat pipe on it which was there from when i bought it and is otherwise standard

is this an emissions light? or engine fault?

had a quick search on here but couldnt find much pinpointing a case like mine

many thanks

If it's constant it's an emissions light.

I imagine becuase the car has a decat on it, that the lambda sensor isn't plugged in which is causing the light.

Nothing at the mo :(
caused by the decat.. mine is decatted and i get the same thing.. you can buy code readers of ebay to get rid of it

182 cup
the decat was on when i bought it though???? and light wasnt on then?

i'd say ive done 50+ miles in it and its only just come on... does it take a while to register? i think the lad had the decat on for few thousand miles before i bought it

ive looked at decat under car and it looks like a lambda sensor DOES plug into it :S

SG9 Forester STi
Mine did this, put a decat on and then a week later it popped on. I used a fault code reader to get rid of the light and it went for a week and then came on again. I've got used to it now, it's character lol.

182 cup
cheers vicky sounds like thats what has happened to mine.

the exhaust is blowing though so gonna get it resaled tomorrow and might just live with the light for time being.

does annoy me though looking at it... very frustrating :)

182 cup
right i have had the ehaust resealed at joint and its now alot quieter which is nice.... but that light is still on!

i also looked under car when it was up in the air and both lambda senses are still plugged in

my decat has a hole where one plugs in! so both are still attached

any ideas now?