ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Light Painting

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I used a Led Torch to take some photos thought id show you.

i need some tips on how to do it without getting the led line.

What do you guys think?

9035211872_93a9f30ccb_c.jpg

IMG_3238 by c_dolan_11, on Flickr

9035208096_67ceeced10_c.jpg

IMG_3244 by c_dolan_11, on Flickr

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
They look fantastic chris well done I've said it before but I can't believe how much this car has changed well done mate.

You need a MUCH more powerful light source to make any sort of impact. I wouldn't have been able to tell that had any lighting at all if it weren't for the tiny streaks here and there.

And a CPL to reduce reflections too.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Thanks Matt

You need a MUCH more powerful light source to make any sort of impact. I wouldn't have been able to tell that had any lighting at all if it weren't for the tiny streaks here and there.

And a CPL to reduce reflections too.
Cool cheers mate. Would u recommend a led flash light or something?

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Oh? Lol

Lol how did you do it? One continuous exposure or did you stack a few of them?

A long exposure and u add light to the object but I'm not the best yet. Gonna get some practice done. Might buy a 40mm lense see how I get one :) gonna invest in a better tri-pod and a better light source for now.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
TBH that's so over-exposed it looks like daylight.

Either be clever and show the lines...

light-painting-over-a-car.jpg

or make a dark background with a lit up painted car as the subject...

matt6.jpg

6128536601_42fe1530ea_z.jpg

images found on the web.

Practise makes perfect :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Use a torch or light that spreads further. Using a lightsource the width of a biro is only going to end in lines ;)

also if you're very clever you can avoid direct reflections.

Giant softboxes are a good idea but not always practical.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
What is this stacking you speak of? Might have to get back into night photography :)

I doubt ill be able to explain well but...

Take a ton of pics, with each one lighting a different panel, stack them all on top of each other in photoshop or similar and remove the dark bits of the car so the car is nicely lit up and the background is dark.

Search for dan freemans exige thread, he showed some of the pre stacked images so you can get an idea :)