ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightened flywheel

Clio 182
Morning all,

Have a reconditioned gearbox in the garage ready to go in but was holding back because i’d like to know what everyone’s experiences are with lightened flywheels? To me it makes sense to do it while everything’s out.

Where’s the best place to pick one up? Not overly interested in having the original lightened & balenced.

Thanks in advance

Jack

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
Pure motor sport / k-tec do them but not sure if they supply the same flywheel!

Would be a well worth mod I’d say!

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I had one from northloopcup in my clio hillclimber and he also supplied the one in my micra hillclimber and cheaper than anyone else could supply one at.
great upgrade while it's all apart

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Whats the pro's of having a lightened & balanced flywheel in a Clio ?
Whats the weight of the OE one from a 1*2 ?

I know they rev quicker as I had one in my old vectra b super touring but the that made a massive difference going from 9.8kg down to 5.2kg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
standard is 5.2kg, ttv ones are 2.9 I believe. One of the best changes I made to my car, makes it much much revier, especially when teamed with EPAS.