ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lights on dash and steering problem

Clio 1.4 16v
just recently lights have been coming up on dash

i think theyre all related. i already have the SERV and airbag light on, they been on since i had it. i have changed the seat airbag which went off, but never had it reset

now ive got the ABS light on, the engine managment exhaust emisions light, STOP light, and handbrake light on, no speedo, and the computer on the dash that says the mileage is flashing. also the steering goes, well non assisted, real hard to turn

but this only happens intermintatly, i have travelled about 100 miles in it today and it all the above was happening for about 10 seconds, and did it about 10 times. then just before i got home it did it for about 5 mins.

there must be some faulty connection that is all linked, is all i can think. the aa man came and had a look today and couldnt see anything. but didnt have a proper look, and of course sods law it was fine when he came. battery was charging fine

any ideas guys

i think theyre all related. i already have the SERV and airbag light on, they been on since i had it. i have changed the seat airbag which went off, but never had it reset

now ive got the ABS light on, the engine managment exhaust emisions light, STOP light, and handbrake light on, no speedo, and the computer on the dash that says the mileage is flashing. also the steering goes, well non assisted, real hard to turn

but this only happens intermintatly, i have travelled about 100 miles in it today and it all the above was happening for about 10 seconds, and did it about 10 times. then just before i got home it did it for about 5 mins.
Why did you not fix the probelm when you bough the car or suspect something was wrong then?
If the airbags gone off the the light should be on all the time until you get the airbags computer reset.

Bieng as the airbags light is only on now and again hints that you've a bad connection on the dashboard or bad earth so check them foirst off.

The stearing failing well I'm guessing you have a phase 2 172? if so check the abs system check its not wet or the connectro disconnected or looms damaged in the fuse box as this also runs the speedo etc.

If you don't feel knowedgable get an auto electrician to do it its not worth the hastle trying if your clueless.

Clio 1.4 16v
the airbag light was one that had gone off in the passengar seat, i replaced the seats but never got it reset, and yes i know it stil wont work

its a 1.4 dynamique. so by the looks of it its all connected, ill have a look at the loom like you say, thanks