ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightweight crank pulley.

172 Cup
Was looking at these on Prima racings website. Is it worth doing when I'm getting the cams, dephaser etc done?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Ktec sell an alloy crank pulley now, I noticed it the other day. I suppose it's just like getting a lightened flywheel. Less rotational mass to spin so better efficency.

53 Clio's & counting
But Fred, thats not going to make them any money now is it!

Next you will be saying you need locking tools to change the cambelt too lol

53 Clio's & counting
s**t forgot them! Combined with one of those cheese grater front grilles, that should net a good 10bhp extra!

ITB'd MK1
lightening rotational mass is all well and good, but removing a harmonic damper is a bad idea. I've seen engines knock out main bearings with the non damped resonance you get. Also if you look at balancing data, you will always find the flywheel end will have a greater degree of unbalance. all you do by lightening the pulley end is widen the error, end to end. No need, no benefit, no bloody point

172 Cup
Cool, well I may give that one a miss then. Just thought I'd get more power at the wheels if I did so but by the sounds of it I'll just start breaking things.