ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Likes & Dislikes.... (182 Owners)

I personally can't really answer this as ive had my 182 approx 7 hours lol!!

but for those who have owned there 182's a while what are your LIKES and DISLIKES (if any) of the car??

Had mine 7 months now from new. Like/Love everything about it, I really want recaros in it though... :( Wasn't an option when I ordered.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
auto wipers, that you have to set every - single - time you get in the car, why cant they just be like the auto lights?

wipers are the wrong way round

door lock is on the wrong side

glovebox is a funny shape

brand new car, and it has a rattle

xenons
dark wheels
trip computer
colour
good boot size
climate control
the dealer i bought my car from has been great (renault leicester)
cruise control
lots of other things.

the bad things are just nitpicks really, cant fault what is a fabulous car

polarbert said:
the dealer i bought my car from has been great (renault leicester)

thats where mine was origionally from... Heard quite good things about them to be fair, Ive never had the honour tho!

BMW M3
Had my 182 for nearly 14 months...

Dislikes: Seats dont go down enough
Can be very harsh over bumpy roads
Ticking at idle
No intermitant wiper... autosensor waste of time
RATTLES !!!
Dealers
Could do with 6th gear (1-5 short & 6 long)
Other niggly things

Like: Still enjoy getting in it after 14 months
Looks
More unique then Cooper S
Performance at high rpm
Like the materials inside
General performance
And so on...

Conclusion: Pros far outweight the cons.

When you by a 182, your obviously expecting it not to be as refined as say a GTi or as well built as a type R... but instead you are getting a future icon in hothatch history which you will never regret.

Megane Mk4
Mmmmm lemme see now?

Likes..

its comfortable ( enough for me to sleep in - which I have done already! lol )
Xenon blue lights .... better than those cheap chavvy blue bulb copies ANYDAY!! pmsl
cruise control
its mean stance
the standard CD player will play copies ( heeehee ;) )
adjustable height seat and steering wheel
the auto-climate control heating system
coz its fast lol
the colour - Racing blue ;oP
the price I paid for it new! :D
you can turn the auto-light feature off - can be a pain but its good ;o)
the shape of it

Dislikes....
Dodgy Dealers (yep some people know my views on that)
auto wiper setting ... now that wont turn off
the steering wheel is offset and it hasnt been curbed
wind noise... it isnt the quietest of cars for outside noise
theres no rear toe eye
the rear wiper doesnt always clear the wipe coz of the curve at the top of the back window

Other than that ... I'm happy with it 100%

Mini Cooper S sport
polarbert said:
door lock is on the wrong side

What do you need a lock for? :S

I like it being delocked on the driver's side, I always park that side to the kerb where possible.

I like the looks, colour, performance, CC, seats, auto lights, cruise control..everything really. The only annoying thing is the rattles, and in particular the rattle if I take a right hand turn at 30 or above (must get that fixed).

182 w/busted splitter :-(
Likes?

Easy - Performance, the "5,000 rpm kick", handling (superb), looks, and the overall 'grin' factor;

Dislikes?

hmmm - not many - the build quality isn't up to VW or Honda, but hey, neither is the price.....

Overall, the 182 (whichever variant) is the best Hot Hatch you can buy for the money.

I'm guessing 172 owners can join in because they are much the same...

• Acceleration
  • Cornering
  • Exclusivity*
  • Bit of a sleeper (I guess this applies less to 182s and 172 Cups)
  • Relatively cheap to run
  • Above all, its just pure fun

Dislikes:

• Renault Dealerships
  • Seat too high
  • Steering wheel a little too big
  • No intermittent wiper
  • Screen wash cleaning, the last wipe is always one too many and streaks the windscreen
  • Renault Dealerships, again

*I know most would disagree but compared to Mini Coopers, Focus ST170s, Saxo VTR/S, 206 GTi etc its pretty uncommon and hasn't fortunately picked up a reputation as a chavs car or anything. Group 16 insurance probably has something to do with it, but I certainly don't see too many about on the road.

Scirocco GT 210
I'm always concerned by the amount of people who dislike Renault dealers and have had bad experiences with them. I've been lucky so far and in one year of 172 ownership, never had to go to a dealer, but just incase I ever need to.... :dapprove:

As for the car.

Likes: Virtually everything about it (performance, looks etc.)
The number of nice comments I get about it :)

Dislike: The build could be better
The fuel consumption when driven hard
The way the car encourages you to drive it hard all the time,like a
big, rev loving ****
The price of petrol these days

LY V6 with Recaros
Only had it 2 days but can't say I have any dislikes yet, i dont have any rattles yet, but I obviouslydidnt buy it for the built quality anyway! As Jay says, really want the Recaros, but was too late for me to have them :-(

tiTTy & SV650
dislike the auto wipers, dislike the naff painted plastic trim, dislike the seat position 100%, also dislike the cost of Michelin PE2's but hey ho can't have everything, can you?!

Like everything else

A Grey Slab (Audi Estate)
looks
handling
performance

AND ESPECIALLY ME RECARO'S!!!

In fact pretty much all of it...............except............

Dislikes:
Not much except poor quality standard speakers and flaming auto wipers!

Yeah and that click from dash with wipers!!!

Silver 182 F/F
I find the gear stick is a bit far away,but then maybe i've got short arms and long legs.

And steering wheel is very large.

God i think i'm a midget!

A Grey Slab (Audi Estate)
BRUCE182 said:
I find the gear stick is a bit far away,but then maybe i've got short arms and long legs.

And steering wheel is very large.

God i think i'm a midget!

A midget, Thats a bit harsh on yourself............. Maybee your just wierd? ;)

Ha Ha!

Clio 200 FF Cupped
Like:
-Performance (It really is a B road monster)
-Spec (Climate Control / Cruise / Everything Else makes it a total bargain)
-Seats (I really like the standard seats, think they're subtly cool and much nicer than most hot hatch seats, sure the Recaros are better but the standard seats are excellent too IMO)
-Looks (Aggressive and low)
-Love the Cup alloys
-The Pedals (It's the little things)
-Love all the 182 Colours, the metallics especially look stunning.

Dislike:
-As everyone else said the driving position is a little high.
-The thing that really grinds my gears though is the fact that there's quite a few of them around here with middle aged women driving them. Annoys the hell out of me to be honest (I know it shouldn't), but what could possibly make them decide to buy a 182? Other than just wanting the top of the range clio (cept the v6 but I'd better not see any mums driving them on the school run, that'd just be plain wrong)
-The Gear knob could be far cooler, although it's quite comfortable it just looks crap, my old 106 had a nicer gearknob.
-Standard stereos limitations (no connectivity whatsoever)

dislike
seating position (to high)
steering wheel size (to big)
Handling (too much squirm under brakes and roll in corners, plenty of grip but do not like the feel) been sorted with coilovers.
Exhaust (to quiet no character)
It fooking flies.

BMW M3
By the way, on the rattles side of things...as i am driving to Coventry tonight from Edinburgh via Newcastle... i thought i would try and sort out some rattles. Bought a pile of sponges from Halfrauds and have stuck them where rattles are coming from, mainly footwell etc... and it works a treat.

So if you do develop any rattles... sponges are the way forward!!

Silver 182 F/F
Completley of the subject my full name is Justin Bruce and i wanted Justin182 but it had allready gone,and every time i see a post Justin182 i think it's me.

BMW M3
BRUCE182 said:
Completley of the subject my full name is Justin Bruce and i wanted Justin182 but it had allready gone,and every time i see a post Justin182 i think it's me.

LoL !!!... Sorry mate. How come i managed to get Justin182 if you joined 4-5 months earlier then me???

I've had a rattle for about a year. Couldn't trace it at all. Even got someone else to drive so I could listen. Rattle disappeared. Seemed to be coming from the driver's seat, so basically had the seat out. Couldn't find anything that rattled. Took the dashboard apart to see if anything was loose. Couldn't find anything. Put everything back together, and the rattle reappeared. If I lowered my hand and messed about with the seat, the rattle disappeared..............

Anyway, finally realised it was my metal multilink strap on my wristwatch!! Doh!!!!!

Silver 182 F/F
Justin182 said:
LoL !!!... Sorry mate. How come i managed to get Justin182 if you joined 4-5 months earlier then me???

I was wondering that too:S mines a titanium too thinking you could be cloning me

106 GTi
Like the performance, colour, spec.

Not overly keen on the looks.

Dislike the seating postion, steering feel, pedals.

BMW M3
BRUCE182 said:
I was wondering that too:S mines a titanium too thinking you could be cloning me

Lol..Well, i dont have the cup alloys which you prob do or a big scratch down the side as well as a wee dent that some real intelligent youth put on mine... so at least we can tell them apart.

Do you have a middle name? ... cause if it begins with a C, then ive got a good number plate for you too. My full name is Justin Christopher Banks and have JCB in my number plate...

Silver 182 F/F
Justin182 said:
Do you have a middle name? ... cause if it begins with a C, then ive got a good number plate for you too. My full name is Justin Christopher Banks and have JCB in my number plate...

No i don't but my wife's name is don't laugh now.Justine Claire Bruce so she's JCB and there lot's of plates for sale on the DVLA website with JCB.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
pant chips really easy on rear wings and front bonnet

crap auto wipers

radio/cd player is a bit too sensitive over bumps

rear wiper doesn't catch all of window due to curve

clio
Had my 182 a week and it reminds me alot of my valver. When you close the door they make the same sound, the rear wiper on both cars doesn't wipe all of the screen, they both like to be revved they both have huge steering wheels, they both handle fairly well and they both cost a lot to service at Renault main dealers.

All in all though a fun car for the money and I like looks by comparison to the competition i.e. Bread van VTEC-R

Cheers Mike

BMW M3
TheJesus said:
adds too much weight... slows you down ;)

LoL... true. But i've got enough gadgets in the car as it is so wont make any difference. would consider my full fat 182 to be pretty heavy but yet it kept pace with a 172 cup form 30-70 easily and beat a 182 (slowly) from 80 mph onwards on my private road. I got it chipped so maybe why i managed just to overtake a standard 182. Took about a mile though lol