ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

list of probelms with my clio sport 1.4

CLIO 1.4 SPORT
hi

got a few isues with my clio just wanted to ask how to go about sorting them ?

1. the gearchange is quite stiff and not easy sloted in what should i look at or change ?
2. the engine is easy to move and moves when reved up and the gearstick moves aswell is this a engine mount gone ?
3. i think its overfueling as ive got 55 miles to £10 which is not good :( what could i change to get my mpg back ?
4. the thermostat is gone aswell as the car cools when going above 40mph where can i get one for the e7j engine ?

any help welcome :)

53 Clio's & counting
hi

got a few isues with my clio just wanted to ask how to go about sorting them ?

1. the gearchange is quite stiff and not easy sloted in what should i look at or change ?

Could be a number of things, is it all gears or just one or 2? Does it move nicely across the gate or stiff too?

2. the engine is easy to move and moves when reved up and the gearstick moves aswell is this a engine mount gone ?

Yes it will be an engine mount, they have one under the car, called the dogbone mount, when this wears it causes the engine to rock back and forwards so I would say it will be that

3. i think its overfueling as ive got 55 miles to £10 which is not good :( what could i change to get my mpg back ?

55 miles to £10 is not an accurate way of measuring mate, you cannot guess where on the fuel gauge you originally got to when you fill up, the only way to know for sure is to fill it up, run it empty, then fill it up again and work out your MPG, working with how any litres you put in, cost and how many miles you did. If that was acccurate though, it is about right if you are not gentle on the throttle or if you happen to do a lot of town driving, or stop start/ short trips.

4. the thermostat is gone aswell as the car cools when going above 40mph where can i get one for the e7j engine ?

Id go to Renault, they are cheap enough, though ECP or GSF will do them too, and this can effect your fuel consumption as the engine will be running too cool,

Could be a number of things, is it all gears or just one or 2? Does it move nicely across the gate or stiff too?

Yes it will be an engine mount, they have one under the car, called the dogbone mount, when this wears it causes the engine to rock back and forwards so I would say it will be that

55 miles to £10 is not an accurate way of measuring mate, you cannot guess where on the fuel gauge you originally got to when you fill up, the only way to know for sure is to fill it up, run it empty, then fill it up again and work out your MPG, working with how any litres you put in, cost and how many miles you did. If that was acccurate though, it is about right if you are not gentle on the throttle or if you happen to do a lot of town driving, or stop start/ short trips.

Id go to Renault, they are cheap enough, though ECP or GSF will do them too, and this can effect your fuel consumption as the engine will be running too cool,

Exactly what Russ said above^^

I think that problem 2 is causing problem 1.....and problem 4 causing problem 3

CLIO 1.4 SPORT
i think the top mount at the driver side is gone too as you can wiggle it a little so think its gone and the dogbone one is it easy to change and how much is it ?

CLIO 1.4 SPORT
so with new mounts and a thermostat it should be better ?

another thing is the car running quite lumpy and idles really low just above 500rpm i rev it the car nearly cuts out also if i turn the steering to full lock the car either nearly cuts out or does and also the stop light and battery light comes on.

what could this be ?

also the car has had new spark plugs and still the same :(

53 Clio's & counting
Gummed up inlets can cause funny idling, as can the thermostat as the car is not running at the correct temperature.

Id replace the bits above, and give the inlet/throttle body a good clean (if you are unsure how to do this, take it to somewhere that does - you could end up causing more harm than good)