ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little Clio 172 Cup

clio 172 cup
Heres my Cup.

The story is I had a corsa vxr, sold the vxr due to buying another house and needing to release some money. The lad who came to buy my vxr turned up in the cup and once we had done a deal on my vxr we turned onto the cup and struck a deal on the cup.

Abit about the car. 2002 Clio 172 cup its completely standard apart from an uprated dog bone engine mount and gear box mount Had all the belts and pullys plus dephasor pully and water pump.

So when I got the car I was just thinking its a shitty little clio sport that I can just smash about in for a year but after driving it iv really fallen for it so im going to spend abit of money on it and bring it right up to top level. So to start with I got the local dint removal guy to come and take the little annoying dints out which he did and there was 5 and he charged me £50 which I was over the moon with.

The headlights where cloudy on the car when we got them so I wet and dried them and machine polished them with cutting compound and then finesse polish and they came up like new.

Next was the exhaust as it knocks and bangs of the body which was driving me insane. New rubber and abit of adjusting it now sit perfect. Whilst I had it on the ramp I had a good look over it and its in need of some rear disk and pads plus a cv boot which is getting sorted next week and then its going for mot as its only got a month or so left.

In the next month or so there is a tiny scrape on the drivers side rear bumper which is getting sorted and the wheels are getting refurbished in gun metal grey. After that its just going to be making the car the best I can on a tight budget for now.

These photos are from when I just got the car home, (Before the little dints where removed) al get some photos of the car tomorrow to show how it is now.

41455B85-E63A-4821-B4AA-E9D2DDEDBD68_zpsgxjnobpl.jpg

E11F0294-9773-4149-8A69-1DD49B8780DD_zpsv4h07ohg.jpg

76EF3BBB-FCA6-424C-B9B5-10DF1233E7FF_zpsbpcs3oy3.jpg

56E89C48-525B-439E-9EE4-B33E2302A07B_zpsqkod1h1i.jpg

98CB815A-EFED-4E36-883A-C6A498C3DCAC_zps7o17ybj5.jpg

After I cleaned the headlights up

16CACCBC-D631-4BE9-9A50-04E7FCABED28_zps708aouib.jpg

Great car. Looks nice and clean. I know what you mean, you just fall in love with them very quickly. Even my step father likes mine and he hates French cars with a passion. Cups are the best ;-)!!

clio 172 cup
Its better on fuel and handles better just the fact the vxr was more refined and had heated leathers etc but for what iv got in this little cup its ace

clio 172 cup
So little bits are happening with the cup, I put it in for mot and passed with no advisories. So iv now started buying some bits for it, first thing was some 172 wheels so I can have a spare set for the track, I also got braided brake hoses and front and back strut brace.

Things still on the list to get
exhaust
better brake pads
bucket seats
whiteline arb
decent set of tyres. Any suggestions ????
and that's about it for now pics to follow in the next couple of days