ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

little detailing brush £1

ph2 172
Just a quick heads up about these
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_253055_langId_-1_categoryId_165486

Pretty good I've just gone and got 2. Picks up dust well from in the vents and panel gaps that you cant get in with your duster (under the electric wing mirror control)

also asda still have the wash mits for £1 each, pack for 6 microfibres £2 (good for detailing sprays and window cleaners e.t.c)
They also have buckets for £1 each and tool trays for £1 each
No excuse for not use the 2BM now and putting your cloths on the floor !!!!

Enjoy :)

Bumder With A Buffer
Cheap MF will NEVER be used on my paintwork..shuts/interior engine bay and wheels..Il stick to being a "brand *****" and use Sonus buffing cloths (the white ones) or the Eurow shag-pile...both of them are excellent.

Im still going through the 50MF I bought from Screwfix for £15 :)

ph2 172
I used 2 for the interior dash stuff, they were mint. Started yellow and ended up black didnt damage my dash at all. Used 2 for AG Fast glass and 2 others were for AG interior shampoo on the seats and door trim. Didn't use any on my paint. I'll do a CD test and take pictures.

ph2 172
CD before :
P1010069.jpg

P1010070.jpg

Kent microfibres :
P1010071.jpg

P1010074.jpg

CD after :
P1010077.jpg

P1010078.jpg

P1010080.jpg

Verdict :
They did scratch the CD after a few minutes of harsh rubbing. I wouldn't reccomend for use on painted areas. Personally I'll be using these on glass, hard plastic and fabrics.

Bumder With A Buffer
^^^ Technically yes that is what should be done. the product being used has a bit of "lube".. EVERYBODY seems to do the dry wipe CD test

Most of them will be okay for putting products on..taking them off though. Plus your also removing product from your car..IE polish/wax, which is dry. So meh I suppose the CD test is okay.

No the test is to see what would happen if you rub the microfibres on your paint work. The idea being if you wipe off polish, wax or other products, you don't want MFs leaving fresh swirls on your corrected paintwork.

For the price of the Swissvax/Envy brushes, I would suggest people just buy those. Far superior design. Unless you wish to "buy cheap, buy twice"...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
For the price of the Swissvax/Envy brushes, I would suggest people just buy those. Far superior design. Unless you wish to "buy cheap, buy twice"...
I agree, the Raceglaze/Envy ones are very cheap to buy and they will last. I still haven't bought a sweet swisswax brush yet, they look soooo good!

detail_brush.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I only need one big wheel brush and one little one mate to do my wheels also my wheel cleaner is immense which helps.

I want a swissvax one for going round the car, badges ect... not the really dirty tasks though, it just looks so special to use. :eek:

BG182FF
picked up 3 for £2 but quality seems to be quite poor. I dont know what to use them for now lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
swissvax-detail-brush-lg.jpg

It's actually so pretty I don't even want to use it. :eek:

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Couple of different size Envy brushes and a Megs style wheel brush is what I have.

Them Swissvax brushes look lovely but most of the Swissvax stuff looks very overpriced to me. For just one of those brushes you can get a set of 5 Envy ones!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
For one pot of BOS you could have 8 tins of collinites.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not really, a pastry brush from Tesco is 50p That Swissvax Brush was £6.50.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's all relevent mate.

You're paying for quality and feel.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I can definately see where you're coming from and I agree and disagree. I don't doubt that the Swissvax brushes are excellent quality, but why buy something that does the same job but is 3 or 4 times more expensive.

Maybe its because I'm a Northerner with short arms and deep pockets ;)

Or maybe its because I'm not into detailing as much as yourself. If I was really into detailing, and had the money, I'm sure I'd strife to buy the best products even if they were more expensive.

It's all relevent mate.

You're paying for quality and feel.

Relative, you pansy.

I can definately see where you're coming from and I agree and disagree. I don't doubt that the Swissvax brushes are excellent quality, but why buy something that does the same job but is 3 or 4 times more expensive.

Maybe its because I'm a Northerner with short arms and deep pockets ;)

Or maybe its because I'm not into detailing as much as yourself. If I was really into detailing, and had the money, I'm sure I'd strife to buy the best products even if they were more expensive.

Because Gally will still have the SW brush in 5 years time, with the mainstay of the bristles intact...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The same as i'll have the £120 pair of shoes a lot longer than a pair of similar Asda £10 ones that will need replaced every 6 months.

Dammit, relative, relative, relative!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol! We wore him down eventually.

PM me your address mate so I've got it for resending that stuff.