ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little things I'd like to know about clios...

Z4
I'm new to the whole clio thing, just bought my cup and was hoping you could answer some of my questions.

Why are the rubbing strips faded? Are they all like that? I'm tempted to get them sprayed up.

The rubber bits on the steering wheel - can they be replaced? Mine's slightly peeled on one side and was hoping they're replacable...preferably in blue!

Is there anywhere I can buy a decent set of clio sport mats? I'd like some blue piping and preferably saying clio sport on there somewhere.

I've always thought there's something missing on the car, it's the hidden backbox - Can the 182 twin pipes be fitted to the 172? I'm not trying to be a 182, but the pipes do look sexy.

They're the only things that spring to mind at the moment, proper stupid little things, but they are annoying lol.

106 GTI
Treat the rub strips to some autoglym bumper gel brings back the fresh black.

Im sure I seen a company selling clio sport mats on here which looked really good quality.

As for the 182 backbox the spare wheel well is in the way and would require blankiing off, although ktec do an exhaust which fits around it

I'm new to the whole clio thing, just bought my cup and was hoping you could answer some of my questions.

Why are the rubbing strips faded? Are they all like that? I'm tempted to get them sprayed up. Faded? Any pics? They should be the same colour as the car.

The rubber bits on the steering wheel - can they be replaced? Mine's slightly peeled on one side and was hoping they're replacable...preferably in blue!No, you need a new steering wheel.

Is there anywhere I can buy a decent set of clio sport mats? I'd like some blue piping and preferably saying clio sport on there somewhere.Justmats or something do some. Or check ebay.

I've always thought there's something missing on the car, it's the hidden backbox - Can the 182 twin pipes be fitted to the 172? I'm not trying to be a 182, but the pipes do look sexy.I think you can get them fitted, but why would you want to? The stealth 172 rear end is much better.

They're the only things that spring to mind at the moment, proper stupid little things, but they are annoying lol.

Titanium 182
not sure what you mean about rubbing strips mate.

You can get the steering wheel refurbished (search for a thread on here)

Or there about £300 from renault for a new steering wheel!

Theres a groupbuy for car mats and you can get exactly as you described from it search for group buy mats or something again..

The backbox from a 182 wont fit a 172 as the 182's dont have a spare wheel well so it would be in the way. You can buy "fake" ones that run around the spare wheel well but it would also mean cutting your bumper buying the plastic inserts etc, basically more trouble than its worth. Hope that helps mate.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Sidestrips are a Coloured Plastic rather than being Sprayed like the FF, I'd get them Sprayed if I owned a Cup,

Thumbgrips are not Replaceable as far as I am aware,

You can buy a 182 Look Exhaust System but its not Great IMO, I'd just Buy a Nice Single 3" or 3.5" Recessed Exhaust or a Yozza Race System

Ph1 172 + Combo van
rubbing strips will just need a good clean and some dreesing on them

can be retrimmed but from what most people do on here i think it is easier to just buy a new wheel

justmats do custom mats for your car any colour or logo i think. there is sometimes group buys in the forsale section

yes, but they dont always sit right i dont think, have a look at other 172's on here with the single slash cut exhaust with the surround in the bumper, they look great

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

Why are the rubbing strips faded? Are they all like that? I'm tempted to get them sprayed up.

i guess you have a cup, if so they are not laqured from the factory (no idea why money saving at a guess

The rubber bits on the steering wheel - can they be replaced? Mine's slightly peeled on one side and was hoping they're replacable...preferably in blue!

no, your stuck with them

Is there anywhere I can buy a decent set of clio sport mats? I'd like some blue piping and preferably saying clio sport on there somewhere.

Justmatz

I've always thought there's something missing on the car, it's the hidden backbox - Can the 182 twin pipes be fitted to the 172? I'm not trying to be a 182, but the pipes do look sexy.

the real 182 one cant be fitted as they dont have a spare wheel well, however k-tec do a replica one

Z4
Ok so basically:
The side strips aren't laquered, that's so stupid, I guess it was to save weight! ;) - I'll get them sprayed and laquered.

As for the steering wheel, I cba with the hassle if the thump grips aren't replaceable, I was just being picky tbh and thought they may look good blue but if you can't buy new bits I wont bother!

So the 182 back box idea seems to have gone out of the window, I may have to look into other possibilities for that, any one got any ideas?

Just customised some mats on the site you gave me, came out at £68 which is a fair amount for mats!! Is this the cheapest I'll get some decent ones then?

Thanks for the help people, muchos love

Ph1 172 + Combo van
look on most 172 threads with pics and someone will have a nice exhaust you will like, there is a group buy sometimes so you could wait for that for the mats and get them cheaper

Z4
look on most 172 threads with pics and someone will have a nice exhaust you will like, there is a group buy sometimes so you could wait for that for the mats and get them cheaper

Do the mats work out much cheaper on a group buy? I must admit, I did sex wee a little bit when I saw them.

What's the general opinion with the 172 cup though, leave the back box standard or get something a little bit more ...un-hidden?
I'm from the zr crowd, and the general rule was get a 6x4 oval because it works for that car. I don't want to go buying something them regretting it, that's all :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
6x4s dont work on clios

alot like the stealth look, some go for a slash cut 3" some go for a normal 3"

Nawt!!!Off road Quad!
hey mate got a cup and was wondering the other day why my side strips were like that :( cheap skate renault.
Id go for a stealth look mate ... the bumper is too nice to be cut imo.

Z4
6x4s dont work on clios

alot like the stealth look, some go for a slash cut 3" some go for a normal 3"

That's not what I was saying.
I said that's what works on the zr, what works for the cup!

I'm still none the wiser, I think I'll just leave it until I see something that makes me go 'woooow!'

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
I think that exhaust choice on the 172 is really personal. You'll probably get a 60 / 40 split of stealth / shown on here. My personal opinon is this: I went for my 172 because I much prefer the hidden exhaust. It's a great big French middle finger to the "boy racer" crowd. And I like that. :)

Get yourself a nice stealth stainless matey. You won't regret it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Stealth for the 172, everytime.

I'd swap my 182 Milltek for a stealth system if i didn't have the silly bumper cutouts.

Z4
I think that exhaust choice on the 172 is really personal. You'll probably get a 60 / 40 split of stealth / shown on here. My personal opinon is this: I went for my 172 because I much prefer the hidden exhaust. It's a great big French middle finger to the "boy racer" crowd. And I like that. :)

Get yourself a nice stealth stainless matey. You won't regret it.

Stealth for the 172, everytime.

I'd swap my 182 Milltek for a stealth system if i didn't have the silly bumper cutouts.

When you say 'stealth' is that the brand or? :eek:(I'm such a noob!)
Obviously you mean hidden, but no sure if that's the type or..! If it's not the brand, what options are out there for the stealth route? Any video clips? I want a sexy sporty tone, but not boomy...

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Stealth just means hidden mate. Try K-Tec or Yozzasport.

A decent stainless system is going to make your car sound nice like... I love mine. Quiet on low throttle, noisy as fook when you're booting it. Just don't ask me what sort it is, because I have no idea...

Autoglym bumper care and then wax car after to get rid of any overspill :)
apparently them steering wheels all go like that iirc..could get it retrimmed.