ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little trip to Amsterdam in the MINI

Mini Cooper S
Me and a couple of friends got together and decided to take a trip to Amsterdam. First time driving abroad, almost drove on the wrong side of the road twice and took one or two wrong turns. But on the whole, was a pretty smooth journey. 650 mile round trip @ 34MPG, much better than my usual 27MPG around town...especially as I wasn't really driving slow, had 2 passengers and luggage as well!

Anyway enough of the chat, here's a few pictures:

Parked up @ Folkestone:

02c4818a.jpg

Lost in Belgium:

7086e8d0.jpg

Completely oblivious we even entered Belgium!

Not far now:

056874b8.jpg

Square in Amsterdam, nice panoramic view on the iPhone App!
http://360.io/CXd4xA

Hookers:

eac5415e.jpg

Some festival on the Sunday...everyone one of them was painted black?? Pirates of Amsterdam?

2ea9f477.jpg

Parked up near the station:

decc78c1.jpg

Couple of nice cars in the EuroTunnel on the way back:

d943155d.jpg

644d8879.jpg

Clip of the MINI going through a Dutch tunnel:

Hope you've enjoyed viewing :) was a quick trip, would love to do it again but spend some more time there! Only went for one night and a few hours during the Sunday...

Elliot

Last edited by a moderator:
  Suzuki Jimny
It's a nice place, although you were lucky not to get caught taking photos in the red light district...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I need to go to the Dam. Some mates have gone today. I'd be perma mashed and like a kid in a toy store..

How much did it cost you in fuel?

Mini Cooper S
It was about £140 in fuel. Including a 70 mile journey from my house to Folkestone each way.

Cupra
Lol at pirates of Amsterdam. They're called "zwarte pieten" (black Peter) and are the helpers (slaves) that give out presents for Sinterklaas (saint Nic). People protest about the unpolitical correctness of it every year, but it's tradition....

Trafic 140dci
I'd love to do something like this, but couldnt go that far in a stripped out, itb'd, decat'd car with only one silincer lol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It's a nice place, although you were lucky not to get caught taking photos in the red light district...

This. Lucky you didn't get your camera/phone smashed tbh lol

Awesome journey though, would love to do something like this someday.

Mini Cooper S
The drive was very easy tbh, worked well!

My MINI isn't exactly comfortable but the roads were pretty decent and the journey was fine.

Andy thanks for the explanation, still confused!