ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Living life fast

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
This guys driving bellendry is worse than those two clowns put together.

12 mins in and he very nearly has a head on with a van.

I’m sure the owner of the mini regrets being on one of his vids let alone handing him the keys.

He is king whopper 😂

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
‘Quality is genuinely unreal 100% fire’
f**k me, how can he type that as a 30(?) year old bloke and not cringe.

Both him and DMO are clowns. Was it DMO who had that car meet recently that shut down half the M60?
These are the blokes that put me off the local car meets. They write cheques they can’t cash and like others have said, it’s only a matter or time before they cause carnage.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
This guys driving bellendry is worse than those two clowns put together.

12 mins in and he very nearly has a head on with a van.

I’m sure the owner of the mini regrets being on one of his vids let alone handing him the keys.

F**k me, what a tool. He's going to kill someone. 🤬 Overtaking by crossing solid whites on a blind bend. Dick.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Jeeeeeeezus - utter thunderc*nt. 🤬
I don't get why they aren't just arrested. I mean they've filmed themselves doing it.

The guy in the R8 gets done for 70 in a 50 because the police went to the efforts of measuring the distance between telegraph poles on the roadside and used them to work out speed.

Then you get these c***s who are obviously driving like t***s, and they just seem to post with impunity.

Last edited:

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I don't get why they aren't just arrested. I mean they've filmed themselves doing it.

The guy in the R8 goes done for 70 in a 50 because the police went to the efforts of measuring the distance between telegraph poles on the roadside and used them to work out speed.

Then you get these c***s who are obviously driving like t***s, and they just seem to post with impunity.
not to mention the person who got bent over and dry shafted for videoing himself doing 200mph during lockdown in an RS6!

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The majority of the time are people with Golf R with a few maps thrown on it with an exhaust and larger intercooler going around quoting 'built not bought' that go on these channels because they are looking to sell the car soon and want to advertise it without paying Autotrader fees...

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
i never really watch this type of video, never have done, someone posted a video of an absolute helmet and 3 mates smashing round in a high powered M140 on another forum, i watched for about 2 minutes and switched it off, as above, how the police haven't got the power to just go and arrest and charge them for dangerous driving is beyond me, i get resources and money, but they seem to have endless money to put cameras up and vans at the side of the road and catch people doing 4mph over the limit.

i have mentioned this before, does anyone know of anyone being stopped and prosecuted due to dashcam footage? i don't mean after a crash, i mean just generally?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Probably something like, yeah we sped the video up and edited it to make it look really fast. Prove it wasn't the above?

Mmm that might cost a few quid. We will just wait for a massive accident then watch thr footage back 👍

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
i have mentioned this before, does anyone know of anyone being stopped and prosecuted due to dashcam footage? i don't mean after a crash, i mean just generally?

A few forces have run initiatives where the public can send in dash cam footage and if good enough the police will follow it up and dish out tickets.
Has popped up on the BBC a few times, usually a montage of clips and a list of the punishments.

Not sure if they've managed to keep it going since Covid tho.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
and probably emulate what they do as well.

I get the feeling that street racing has become rather a big thing again in recent years.

It obviously existed when I was in my late teens and early 20s, but most people's cars were slow and s**t. Nowadays, performance is much more affordable, and putting videos online is a badge of honour with all this "Mexico" and "gapping" business. I know a few younger lads that were involved with it and some of the stories are frightening.

Pricks like this bloke are only making it worse.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
A few forces have run initiatives where the public can send in dash cam footage and if good enough the police will follow it up and dish out tickets.
Has popped up on the BBC a few times, usually a montage of clips and a list of the punishments.

Not sure if they've managed to keep it going since Covid tho.
I was more leaning towards being stopped and have your dashcam watched or taken if being seen doing something silly? rather than other people filming you.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
some of the stories are frightening.

Imagine going to a cruise/meet with like-minded individuals to gander at the cars and getting wiped out by some pecked in a 320d with a welded diff showing off to his spotty faced gorp mates

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I think if they suspect it contains evidence of you breaking the law they can absolutely seize it, but I can't think of many situations where they think you've driven like a throbber but they don't have enough evidence to go off of anyway. Maybe if there's smoke pouring off the back tyres or something. However I think it would also be difficult to prove who the driver was.

I get the feeling that street racing has become rather a big thing again in recent years.

It obviously existed when I was in my late teens and early 20s, but most people's cars were slow and s**t. Nowadays, performance is much more affordable, and putting videos online is a badge of honour with all this "Mexico" and "gapping" business. I know a few younger lads that were involved with it and some of the stories are frightening.

@AdDaMan

Tbf I don't think the issue is the big power boys racing on mostly empty motorways which has always happened, but t***s in VAG/BMW entry level cars ragging it around city centres, which has become more prevalent.

Cars, particularly German ones, are becoming a status symbol again amongst the breadbins. Since the 00s it wasn't part of the 'look' but in the last few years every c**t has had to have a 'murdered out' 3 series, A4 etc. with 4D plates and s**t matte black wheels And because they've all got a point to prove and zero f***s to give, they tear around after each other on busy residential roads.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Would be interested to find out. I've had police call me many years ago when Joe public has reported my driving. the first occasion I was worried until they said that its only a warning because the police themselves didn't witness it. The second time I told them

I was shocked to find out that this happens quite a lot in the midlands where groups meet up and race up and down the motorway.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
@AdDaMan

Tbf I don't think the issue is the big power boys racing on mostly empty motorways which has always happened, but t***s in VAG/BMW entry level cars ragging it around city centres, which has become more prevalent.

Cars, particularly German ones, are becoming a status symbol again amongst the breadbins. Since the 00s it wasn't part of the 'look' but in the last few years every c**t has had to have a 'murdered out' 3 series, A4 etc. with 4D plates and s**t matte black wheels And because they've all got a point to prove and zero f***s to give, they tear around after each other on busy residential roads.

The town centre stuff is definitely problematic, but some of the speeds being nudged on bigger roads are a worry in my view. It's nothing new of course, and I remember going out with the RSOC boys years ago and doing some silly stuff, but it does feel a bit different these days. The roads are much busier and, back in the day, only a handful of people had stuff that was really quick. Now, with so many people getting modern cars on PCP, you're getting young guys in some pretty potent cars. 200+bhp was a big thing 20 years ago, but it's nothing now. Obviously the cars are safer than they were, but the speeds are much higher for a much higher number of people now than they used to be.

I'm certainly not a saint, but the group round my way (before I moved at least) were meeting in a retail park and taking it in turns to go and race on the dual carriageway, doing side-by-side pulls from 70-80, all the way up to 160mph or more in some cases.

It's a different type of risk to the pellets ragging round town with their pop and bang map, but it's still pretty dangerous in reality.

I was shocked to find out that this happens quite a lot in the midlands where groups meet up and race up and down the motorway.

The Midlands used to have a reputation when I was younger. There were a couple of places where there were some nasty accidents. Can't remember where now though.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I think if they suspect it contains evidence of you breaking the law they can absolutely seize it, but I can't think of many situations where they think you've driven like a throbber but they don't have enough evidence to go off of anyway. Maybe if there's smoke pouring off the back tyres or something. However I think it would also be difficult to prove who the driver was.

@AdDaMan

200.gif

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I think a bit of both to be honest

I think the fact they took time to look at the footage before deciding they couldn’t deduce where and when it happened would suggest they were actually interested but didn’t have enough to secure a conviction.

Look, I’m no fan of many police services as I’ve been on the shite end of the stick whilst reporting something personally so I know the score. But in their defence I don’t think this is a case of not being interested.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I think this guy takes it for being the biggest t**t on the road

I actually don't mind him as much, at least he also does quite a bit of track stuff and seems to be able to drive a ton better than the other mongs.

DMO drives like an actual mental person, how he hasn't been nicked or had a huge accident is one of life's real mysteries. However, I did think he timed his punch at VMAX impeccably. The utter pond life that follows those two around is unbelievable too.

V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
I think the fact they took time to look at the footage before deciding they couldn’t deduce where and when it happened would suggest they were actually interested but didn’t have enough to secure a conviction.

Look, I’m no fan of many police services as I’ve been on the shite end of the stick whilst reporting something personally so I know the score. But in their defence I don’t think this is a case of not being interested.

I wasn't the reporter but my friend was the officer who was working on it.

Bit of both.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
The driving in some of these vids is ridiculous. Thinking they can drive while in the background the stability control is having the worst day of its life trying to overturn physics while congratulating each other on how well they can drive.

The minute something goes wrong they would have no idea how to save the day, at 120+ is basically instant death for everyone involved.