ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Location/access toof ECU?

I'm planning on removing the Racelogic traction control from our Mk1 172 as the car is being sold.. control box is under passenger airbag and wires dissapear into the bulkhead. I presume they then go into the ECU..

Is the ECU under the black metal cover behind the battery? if it is, presume I need to take out the battery to get to it, anything else? cheers

Audi TT 225
If you figure out how to do this let me know I really hate traction control and want to disable it!

Lionel Richie
RichMcc said:
If you figure out how to do this let me know I really hate traction control and want to disable it!

mk1 172's haven't got traction control fella (unless you have another car?)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yeah, you need to remove the ecu itself. under the black cover as you say.

i think the wiring would run the same way as your loom trunking if fitted correctly.

Cheers for that, the wiring goes out through the same hole in the bulkhead as the bonnet cable, so I guess it must all re-appear under the ECU somewhere...

Audi TT 225
Wipeout! I saw the TC sign on the dash and assumed it did have lol, only had the car a few days :)