ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking a program in full screen (MBA Lion)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Is it possible to lock a program on full screen view?

I use parallels to run Windows XP, but when I go to top right to close a program the odd time I click the arrows which takes it from full screen to a half window. This then screws up my organisation on the desktop as it reorders it all! Annoying as hell!

For parallels I use Spaces with 2 windows.

I keep my windows desktop in full screen on space 2 and use alt + arrows to change between them.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Roy, Adam, not sure I know what you mean.

Image below, I've gone to do program close on the top left, but sometimes if i scroll too far the parallels toolbar comes back into play, and I hit the reduce screen button or whatever; top right highlighted in blue.
If there's a way I can stop that coming up then it will be nice!

ScreenShot2012-03-22at170835.gif

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yes.

This was an irritation for me too.

Virtual Machine/Configure/Full Screen

Enable active corners and set the action on all of them to nothing.

Now it will behave exactly how you want.

To access the menu bar you'll need to swipe out of the space and then right click on parallels in the dock and you will get the menu bar as a menu.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
ctrl + alt brings up my menu bar while in full screen.

Heh. Didn't realise that either, with the hot corners enabled and without actions the menu bar doesn't appear, but the cursor changes and then you can go to the top of the screen and the menu bar appears. Escape or click to get out of it without selecting an action from the menu.

Good stuff.