ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking and Alarming Cup

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Might take my Cup to Ireland this summer, but on the ferry documentation I recieved this morning it says, all cars should be locked to protect your valuables but not alarmed. Sounds obvious I know.

I was experimenting with the alarm @ work this morning. If the car is fully unclocked, as if id just got out of it after a drive, I can put the key in the drivers door to lock it and the same in the passenger side (strangely no central locking by key????) ..... but.... but....

HOW DO YOU LOCK THE BOOT??? LOL.

Any ideas appreciated.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Id like to know this too...

Also, does the alarm go off if you leave the windows open a bit?!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

From my experience during these hot days, if you leave the windows open a crack, and then zap it with the alarm immobiliser blipper thing. The alarm on mine goes off within about 30 seconds LOL.

So its Windows up at all times until Ive worked out how to lock it without the alarm.

Renault Laguna Coupe

You can lock the car but disable the internal alarm sensors (to leave windows open or kids in car etc) by turning the ignition on and off twice before locking the car.

I dont think its possible to lock the car with no alarm protection at all - cat 1 rules.

R5 Gordini Turbo

I think that ferry companys only say that so that they dont get deafened by car alarms if the crossing is rough (motion sensors etc)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 15 July 2003

You can lock the car but disable the internal alarm sensors (to leave windows open or kids in car etc) by turning the ignition on and off twice before locking the car.
Excellllllllllent. Nice one Mike. (y)

Incidently whilst were on the subject........ if you put the key in your drivers door on the Cup, does it open/lock just that door?

If I put the key in my drivers door it wont lock or unlock it, but it will cost me a packet to get the door skin replaced...

:)

I have though about how to this on my car. The onyl answer I ca come to is sit in the car an lock the doors. lower the drivers window. Climb out the open window the use a coat hanger to close the window as much as possible and before you pull your hand out of the window take the keys out of the ignition.

Long winded but thats your only chance I think. Unless you cvan disconnect the horn. Might as well forget it though what are the chance of it going off. Just say you forgot.

EDD

Suzuki SV1000S

If you get ot of the car after driving and close everything the car should locked itself after 30seconds but the alarm will not be set, apparently. Just wait next to car to make sure it does actually lock lol.

that would be catastrophic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you just close the door to get something for 2 minutes, and the car locks itself!! I hope this doesnt work :sick:

Quote: Originally posted by Si172 on 15 July 2003

I can put the key in the drivers door to lock it and the same in the passenger side (strangely no central locking by key????) ..... but.... but....

U can put ur key in the drivers door??? Can someone please tell me how to do that coz i aint got a door lock there, lol

I think the automatic locking function is only for if you accidentally click the plipper twice, locking it and unlocking it. If the car is then not opened for 30 seconds itll relock. I dont know if this arms the alarm or no. Similarly if you unlock the car but dont open it, it will lock after 30 seconds.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 18 July 2003

I think the automatic locking function is only for if you accidentally click the plipper twice, locking it and unlocking it. If the car is then not opened for 30 seconds itll relock. I dont know if this arms the alarm or no. Similarly if you unlock the car but dont open it, it will lock after 30 seconds.
Yeah, thats what my Cup does...

320d M Sport

weird thing is when it relocks the indicators dont flash? Not sure what that means, just thought Id spread my knowledge.

Oh yeah, top tip there Telford Mike! Im going to try that out. Fed up for getting out of work to burning hot leather.

Suzuki SV1000S

Trust me the alarm doesnt come on when it automatically locks, One of the things I asked when I got the Cup. That is also why the lights dont flash