ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking wheel nut problem.

Hello,
I just bought a 172 cup from a garage, When i get home I noticed that only the 2 front wheels have locking wheel nuts on. I thoughts thats strange and then began to look for the nut removal key but I cant find it!
I have rang my local renault parts shop and they said they need the special number that I should have but I dont have this number for them to find out what key would fit.
So im thinking what can you do to remove them? There is a very slim gap between the nut and the wheel so I cant hammer a smaller socket set onto it and bodge job it out.

Any recommendations on what to do next?
Thanks
Josh!

yeaah checked all cracks/pockets and the jack and tool stuff in the boot, I will phone them tomorrow and see what they say :p

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
If they place where you got it can't sort it.

May be worth contacting Renparts in the Traders section. They'll be able to supply you with a full set of locking nuts and if you take a picture of your existing ones and send them it, they may be able to supply a key for you

Worth a call

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
If you have no luck with the above what type of locker is it, dot pattern in the centre / female splined / spinning outer ring?

Laser locking nut removal tool from Halfords has got me out of the s**t a few times! Depends what type of locking nut it is though.

err i dont know if this is any help but it has a patten like a flower on it?
sorry i dont know how to describe it!
Is this a good thing or bad if you get what I mean?

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Hammer a slighly smaller socket over and use that to get it off, that's how i've done it in the past but it depends on what style locking nut though.