ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

locking wheel nut :(

Clio extreme 1.2
The locking wheel nut key lost some of its teeth, does anyone have. a clue how to remove my wheels now?

Bit of a bugger, you can hammer on a tight fitting socket after removing any rotating bezel it may have, but ive never had much sucess with this, so id advise taking it to a garage, which they will have a removal tool, or will do what i did and weld on a nut (best option and will work).

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
A friend of mine had the same problem a few days ago and paid £25 for the correct key from local Renault garage. Not saying you have to, but it's something to bear in mind.

RS6 C7
Yep garage is the best bet, I spent hours trying to get mine off before, Just not worth the hassle, Will probably only charge you a tenner to get it off.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
you can get a socket from B&Q which will adjust to go into the locking mechanism, it looks like one of the pin toys that you push objects into, difficult to explain