ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lol @ Renaults Prices...

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Hi,

Car went in to Renault today to have the headlight washer replaced (Thats headlight washer number 3 in 12months) under parts and labour warranty.

Whilst it was there i asked them to mot the car. It failed on the following -

Rear shock leaking
Number plate light not working suspected bulb failure.

I was quoted the following prices -

Replace shock - £135ish + Vat (parts and labour)
Replace number plate light bulb - £35 + vat

I lol'd hard especially as ive bought a shock in the past and know theyre £55 inc vat. So £80+ labour for a 15minute job?

£35 to change a number plate bulb...seriously? I have just checked and yes the bulb has gone but even if the lamp holder itself has gone i bought a replacement for my old clio and the hole assembly inc bulb was circa £8.
They take litterly a couple of minutes to replace.

Needless to say the car isnt going there for the work, ive ordered a shock which will be here on Thur and bulbs are 49p a pair with a halfords trade card.

Ive always stood up for Renault said oem parts are reasonable priced but jesus....how can they justify their labour charges?

They also replaced the bonnet catch for the second time in 6months lol

Rant over.

Storm Grey 200
Kwik fit wanted another 48 pounds for a mot retest. My car failed as it had no sidelights. They honestly wanted 48 to look at my car for 10seconds.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
£35 for a bulb and allllllllllll the effort changing it, what a joke.

Free retest for two weeks where ever you take it iirc!

Everywhere or just quick fit?

My local place say free retest if you leave the car there to be fixed, or half price retest if taken away, fixed and retested within 10 or 14 days.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Oh right, I assumed it was everywhere as ive took mine to atleast 6 different places for tests and its always been free retests even though I've fixed them myself. Obviously not the case all the time though :(

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Keep going to those places then mate!

I always thought an MOT station would be best, won't fail you to rip you off for parts. Failed on headlight level and a blown bulb (which I should have checked tbh) and they had no equipment to fix it. £45 test, £25 for retest. Ended up taking it elsewhere where the guy charged £35 for new MOT, bulb and level correction. Been taking it there since.

That sounds fair enough to me.

Yeah it does.

Storm Grey 200
Yeah they were like you left the station, w*****s. I literally said no im f**king not giving you 48 pounds. ha. The guy literally just looked at my lights whilst i turned them on.

Ph1
Kwik fit wanted another 48 pounds for a mot retest. My car failed as it had no sidelights. They honestly wanted 48 to look at my car for 10seconds.

Chances are that 48 quid was going to go straight into their back pockets

If the car fails on say a bulb, all they have to do is check the bulb now works and pass it NOT do a whole new MOT test from scratch surely ?? :S

What is the official law on a retest regards to charges? or isnt there one?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Bulb replaced tonight at a cost of £2.09. Took me 30secs-1minute tops to replace on Halfords car park. I can see now why Renault charge what they do :rolleyes:

Ph1
Bulb replaced tonight at a cost of £2.09. Took me 30secs-1minute tops to replace on Halfords car park. I can see now why Renault charge what they do :rolleyes:

You still got had!! :eek: I paid 15p for the number plate bulb a couple of months back from a motorfactors (TMS) - Have you got long blonde hair and walk about in a tiny skirt by any chance or have ''con me'' tattoo'd on your forehead ? ;) (jk)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
^ Lol. I'm happy enough with £2.09. It was also a convinence thing as ive not been able to go until after 7pm so Halfords was my only option and car is booked in for a retest tommorow.

Shock took me 25mins tops to change btw. Renault are a joke