ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Longest original RS back-box in terms of mileage?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
How old is yours? ;)

I'm knocking on 60k on mine and the bugger is still going. Not much life in it now, I reckon - but given the wonderful build quality of the OEM item, 60k must be quite impressive - lol?

D.

fad

Clio 182 FF
55k took it to a dealer for the bonnet recall and the technician was shocked to see it was still on the original rear box lol!

Still good for a fair few miles only the centre section has a slight rattle but chopping it in for a miltek when i got the chance to fit it

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
mine was 32k and for some of those that remember it went half way round a lap of a airfield meet....lol sounded great without it

05 56k. The bolts the the cat/mani rusted off recently and the cat has cracked. The exhaust itself is still ok though.

RB 182
Ive just fitted one to my 182, 45k 04 plate - rang exhaust place and they could only get me a 60.5mm sleeve which is slightly too big. Fitted it today, and now its blowing on the cat join!! Have to take a peek tomorrow

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
How old is yours? ;)

I'm knocking on 60k on mine and the bugger is still going. Not much life in it now, I reckon - but given the wonderful build quality of the OEM item, 60k must be quite impressive - lol?

D.

Update - MOT advisory said that there's a slight leak from the backbox. It's clinging-on to usefulness by the skin of it's teeth. ;)

D.