ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looked at a dog today...woof woof

Clio 182 BG FF
I went to see a 182 today at a local garage. Looked good on autotrader but once I saw it in the flesh it was a little rough to say the least.
Before I inspected it thoroughly I saw the following...

Punched out and bodged repair on door lock
Both front tyres nearly bald
Three dings in passenger door
Mahoosive dent in the bonnet (looked like someone had hit it with a small hammer)
Drivers side alloy needed a refurb
Usual broken rubber on steering wheel
and
More spirals in the paintwork than an 8 year can draw with their spirograph!!

All that aside I enquired about a test drive. The ever so helpful salesman (read, couldn't give a sh*t-man) asked if I was ready to buy...I looked at him puzzled. He said that they had to phone up the insurance company to insure people for test drives and it would cost them £50. I explained about what I had seen on the car and he promptly said that they had already taking inconsideration the vehicles state* and the price reflected it. Thanks but no thanks...

So, that was that.

NEXT!! :rasp:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
R-Sport test drives are free on the Flamer

£50 LOL- if you have the facility to test drive on your trade policy then its free- thats part of your premium 'risk'

S

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
I went to see a 182 today at a local garage. Looked good on autotrader but once I saw it in the flesh it was a little rough to say the least.
Before I inspected it thoroughly I saw the following...

Punched out and bodged repair on door lock
Both front tyres nearly bald
Three dings in passenger door
Mahoosive dent in the bonnet (looked like someone had hit it with a small hammer)
Drivers side alloy needed a refurb
Usual broken rubber on steering wheel
and
More spirals in the paintwork than an 8 year can draw with their spirograph!!

All that aside I enquired about a test drive. The ever so helpful salesman (read, couldn't give a sh*t-man) asked if I was ready to buy...I looked at him puzzled. He said that they had to phone up the insurance company to insure people for test drives and it would cost them £50. I explained about what I had seen on the car and he promptly said that they had already taking inconsideration the vehicles state* and the price reflected it. Thanks but no thanks...

So, that was that.

NEXT!! :rasp:

Haha seems you're a local lad, which dodgy f**k in Bristol was selling this then? Not BTC by any chance?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, sounds like he didn't want to for some reason.

53 Clio's & counting
As Steve said, my traders policy covers test drives, so either the garage is trying to make a few quid, or they REALLY didn't want you test driving it

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
As Steve said, my traders policy covers test drives, so either the garage is trying to make a few quid, or they REALLY didn't want you test driving it

Something weird going on there for sure!

Ive only got a part time traders policy and it still includes accompanied testdrives for the grand sum of IIRC 40 quid a year, not 50 quid a drive, lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You had just slated his car, as a result he didn't want to waste his time letting you drive it, you weren't going to buy it!

Tbh, using the insurance was a bit of a cop out. Should have just told you straight!

What garage was it? (please say it wasn't mine!! lol)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got the one i'm driving, its not for sale though, but it is up at the garage this week.

In fact, its got 4 new tyres on it, it can't be mine!

Clio 182 BG FF
LOL at your replies.
I'm not going to give the exact link because I'm guessing the post would be moved to the paid for part of the forum...
For those investigators out there...
At the moment the garage has two 182's a black one and a silver one. its 3 miles away from kingswood, bristol. Found it using autotrader shouldn't be too difficult.

Clio 182 BG FF
You had just slated his car, as a result he didn't want to waste his time letting you drive it, you weren't going to buy it!

Tbh, using the insurance was a bit of a cop out. Should have just told you straight!

What garage was it? (please say it wasn't mine!! lol)

I did not slate his car. the insurance thing was said before I mentioned anything about negotiation over price. I didn't list the things wrong. All I said was "I'd like to talk about the price..." read my post.

mondeo titanium tdci
LOL at your replies.
I'm not going to give the exact link because I'm guessing the post would be moved to the paid for part of the forum...
At the moment the garage has two 182's a black one and a silver one. its 3 miles away from kingswood, bristol. Found it using autotrader shouldn't be too difficult.

This garage by any chance.

http://www.auto-elitebristol.co.uk/

work for BMW
LOL
auto elite bristol is where i brought my RB 182 from back in august. i was able to take it for a test drive no problem. i only brought it from them because it was an RB and only 11 miles from my house but other wise i wouldnt have gone near them

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I did not slate his car. the insurance thing was said before I mentioned anything about negotiation over price. I didn't list the things wrong. All I said was "I'd like to talk about the price..." read my post.

Last edited:
  1eight2
LOL at your replies.

Link or it didn't happen

Clio 172
I know this is an odd first post but I've been using the forum to absorb information whilst looking for a 172/182. Just wanted to say thanks for saving me a couple of hours drive :)
Assuming the others guesses are correct about the garage in question, I'm guessing you looked at the black one they have for sale. Did you also look at the silver one by any chance, and if you did do you think it warrants a look?
-Marc

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
In reply to chappers, yea bristol trade centre are gash. I would avoid them like a syringe full of aids! Bought a year old corsa sxi from them with the exhaust trim missing and found out the rear bumper was just standard one that'd been cut. They tried saying it was sold as seen and fit for purpose. They soon backed down when I quoted the sales of good act an reminded them that saying sold as seen could get them done.

Clio 182 BG FF
I know this is an odd first post but I've been using the forum to absorb information whilst looking for a 172/182. Just wanted to say thanks for saving me a couple of hours drive :)
Assuming the others guesses are correct about the garage in question, I'm guessing you looked at the black one they have for sale. Did you also look at the silver one by any chance, and if you did do you think it warrants a look?
-Marc

The silver one smelt damp and old inside. It too look shabby for the price. The arm rests on the door were mould green....

Clio 220 Trophy
Quote:-- In reply to chappers, yea bristol trade centre are gash.

Aren,t they now part of the Lookers Group now????? still can,t be that bad can they, I know they had a pretty bad reputation before

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Still a bag of shite, this was less than a year ago I had problems with em. Total muppet operation who's all friendly an smiles till the second they get your hard earned cash.