ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking after you car

RS200
Hi guys im getting my new 200 in the next few weeks and being white i know it wont be long before it starts getting grimy. The point being is that i want to invest in some decent cleaning products and was wondering which are the best? like polish, interior care, seats, tyre alloy cleaning? any recommendations?

Thanks!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
As above really. Although I would search in the detailing forum for "basic cleaning products".

There has been so many threads on the subject you will be able to pool together everyones responses and decide what products are best for you.

Congrats on the 200 By the way!:race:

Glanza V
i have, bilt hamber auto wash, raceglaze paint cleaner, poorboys black hole and dodo juce hard wax also megs trim detailer + drying towls etc ;)

was all suggestions from ne-detail, good stuff like

any pics of your new 200? :D

mark,

RS200
i have, bilt hamber auto wash, raceglaze paint cleaner, poorboys black hole and dodo juce hard wax also megs trim detailer + drying towls etc ;)

was all suggestions from ne-detail, good stuff like

any pics of your new 200? :D

mark,

Getting it in a few weeks mate but as soon as i get it i,ll post some pics up!

PS 200
istockphoto_5165283-sponge-bucket-and-soapy-water.jpg

That all I use.

Without the gloves as I'm not gay :D

PS 200
Oh i forgot to mention, please don't use a sponge :dapprove: All aboard the swirl bus then..
That's why I got a white one and not a black one ;).

Besides - after 2 months of Clio ownership swirls are the least of my "paint Issues" - I'm gonna invent chip proof paint - this time next year I'll be a billionaire !

Not got a car
If i just bought a new white car i would use the following. As its new you dont really need alot of products, Just some stuff to wash and protect.

Chemical Guys - Citrus Wash & Gloss

Chemical Guys Wheel & Rim Cleaner

Meguiars Lambswool Wash Mitt

Dodo Juice - Diamond White

Tav

Clio 197
www.polishedbliss.co.uk always helpful. I live local so can pop in and ask but I'm sure they'd help you out on the phone/via email if you tell them the type of car, colour and what you are looking for. I bought one of their starter kits...couple of clear buckets, BIG thing of megs shampoo, couple of wash mits, drying towel, wheel gel and a sealant for the paint. I think I spent £140 all in but almost a year later I've still got all the original products with plenty of life left in them. I think I'll get 100's of washes out of the megs shampoo.

RS200
thanks for all your feedback guys! i dont know why but i find it hard to trust the car wash companies they seem to have a bish bash bosh get it done asap mentality and results in loads of patchy dirt marks.