ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking at a Clio 182 05 plate with 46K miles

RenaultSport 182FF
Wow there is alot of sales marketing b****cks in here.

RSTuners.
They smooth the idle, and smooth out the 5k kick, you won't notice any MPG improvement in my experience. Letalone 15mpg gain. PMSL. They might gain you 1/2bhp. IME no noticeable power change.

Worth it? Not in my opinion. But I've had several cars with remaps with great gains so the RSTuner was a bit of a let down for me.

95/98 fuel.
The Clio is designed to run on 98, it says this in your manual and your fuel cap. You will loose some power but not noticeable. It's all down to ign advance, you will see a little less advance when running 95 due to the engine seeing knock. So it'll pull some timing, thus a slight loss in power.

MPG.
Depends how you drive it. My 172 will see 45mpg happily. Drive it hard and I'll see 20mpg.

Hope this helps.

Yeah my apologies for the corporate bulls**t Dan :dapprove:

I wasn't 100% sure on the rs tuner fact, I did say I wasn't sure though.
Saying that though have you the RS Tuner map on your Clio Dan? 45mpg is very good, I really try and I can't get any more than 36mpg :(

Sorry to the yammy chap I seem to have upset him a little, I'm not far wrong though you loose the difference in using cheaper fuel (I did say you lost it with using unleaded as appose to premium though).

Dan has spiced it up a little but essentially is telling it how it should be, would I be correct in saying it is still loosing around 8-10bhp though?

Titanium 182
IT'S SPELLED LOSE NOT LOOSE.

LOOSE AS IN WHEN YOU HAVE A SCREW LOOSE

LOSE AND IN IF YOU DON'T WIN

My previous 172 had the RSTuner file on it, but as Henk stopped replying to emails when I told him his file had fucked my cruise control I took it off and noticed no difference other than the 5k kick and a slightly worse to drive when cold.

My current 172 has a custom map on here from Chip, but he doesn't do mapping on oem ecu's normally, it was purely as a favour/return for my help with his cars.

Not so much 10 bhp on these, maybe with a turbo car where you could see massive timing pull, I.e if my LCR ran without methanol I would see 10 degrees of pull! Which lost me 24bhp and 40lb-ft!

RenaultSport 182FF
My previous 172 had the RSTuner file on it, but as Henk stopped replying to emails when I told him his file had f**ked my cruise control I took it off and noticed no difference other than the 5k kick and a slightly worse to drive when cold.

My current 172 has a custom map on here from Chip, but he doesn't do mapping on oem ecu's normally, it was purely as a favour/return for my help with his cars.

Not so much 10 bhp on these, maybe with a turbo car where you could see massive timing pull, I.e if my LCR ran without methanol I would see 10 degrees of pull! Which lost me 24bhp and 40lb-ft!

Fair enough then, I was mislead... Damn you statistics!

Still an good gain of advantages with VPower though :)