ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking at buying a Clio 1.8 16v

So basically it comes down to this:

If you like 0-60 stats, car washing, and car park meets in out of town shopping centres, think a wishbone is found on a chicken and need renault to change your washer fluid and arnt worried about how your car looks, get a 182.

If you like driving your car and dont mind getting your hands dirty and want a good looking car, get a valver.

White clique

If you like 0-60 stats, car washing, and car park meets in out of town shopping centres, think a wishbone is found on a chicken and need renault to change your washer fluid and arnt worried about how your car looks, get a 182.

If you like driving your car and dont mind getting your hands dirty and want a good looking car, get a valver.

not all owners have to like driving them properly though, this bloke clearly doesnt:

[YOUTUBE]pw0q3sIed5c[/YOUTUBE]

328, MK1 Clio 1.4

What about 172's Oh great one?

First rule of ClioSport: Mk2s are the best Clios ever, anyone that disagrees is wrong.

Brad Harding you have broken that rule!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not a fan of brad but in this instance I agree.

I've had quite a few Clio's... Williams, 172, 182 and used to drive and race my friends old Clio 16V extensivley which he had from 40k as the second owner and there was little in it. In the real world on your average run there is nothing in it. Sure on a 0-60 sprint there is a small difference which is a car length or so but nothing much.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
This guy is obviously an argumentative prick, TBH

He goes on about facts and figures proving everything blah, blah, blah, then he says a williams is as quick as a 1*2, if you looked at the facts and figures you would realise you were wrong,

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
To the OP, just ignore the shite on here & buy a valver ;) you'll love it

this really isn't the best site for information on mk1 clios tbh

ITB'd MK1
Up to about 60 I found they are roughly the same (two different cars against mine) after that I found the Willy would pull. I'd be wanting a Willy lump, cams the lot tbh. I do agree about the lack of torque.

i have a spider lump (willy block with megane head basically) with proper lairy cams and omex. Made 184 before i put the willy manifold and non fucked exhaust on, should make a bit more now once the map is tweaked. Brainstorming how to break 200 without big cost.....

williams 2,seat leon
ive had three mk1's now, love them. get one you'll love it. 1 valver, 1 hybrid, and 1 willy turbo.

i have a spider lump (willy block with megane head basically) with proper lairy cams and omex. Made 184 before i put the willy manifold and non f**ked exhaust on, should make a bit more now once the map is tweaked. Brainstorming how to break 200 without big cost.....
That sounds ace !

They just look so old. It's dated very badly.

It'll be rusty with spiders in the mirrors.

Avoid.

Tbf my 172 has spiders in the mirrors. Mr spider has lived there for months. Its not rusty though.

It looks alot better than some of the other cars of its era. I.e. Corsa A et al.

I'd love one to play with. Just havent got the space at home.