ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

looking at getting a machine polisher.

K4M ph2
hi guys,

Got around a 150quid to spend on a polisher and accesories, been looking at the ep800 but ive noticed its been out of stock for quite a while now but im willing to wait as it seems like the right machine for a beginner like myself.

Which backing plates and pads should i be looking at getting with the machine? my car is a pearl black k4m with some swirling and a few deeper imperfections that id like to remove.

Also which polishes/glazes should i be looking at getting to get the sort of correction im after?

Sorry for all the questions but im just looking for some advice before i shed out on the kit.

Cheers, Keiran

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Take a look at the recent threads there have been plenty of them.

What experience do you have? Have you got everything to de tar and de iron?

If not you will be better looking at all that first so you have a clean base, then try cleansing the paint and glazing before moving onto machine

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It is the perfect beginner rotary mate. Seriously. I loved mine. Perfect for polishing/cleansing/glazing.

Have a look at this thread...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?620334-I-bought-a-DAS-6-kit-)

Clio 182
I have the ep800 but due to weather I've only had a quick go on the bonnet, never enough time to get the car prepped ready for the machine polisher! However in terms of usability and in comparison to a previous das 6 I owned, it is very easy to use, a lot less tiresome than that of the DA alternatives and generally a good piece of kit. I was initially going to get another DA but Gally and co persuaded me to go ep800 and I would never look back!

K4M ph2
Cheers for the replys, ive got all the neccesary kit for prepping the paintwork for the machine polish including iron x, tardis, clay bar kit and various mitts and microfibres, looking to invest in a snow foam lance aswell for the pre wash. Ive had a read through that thread gally, some very usefull info in there, cheers alot :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You're welcome mate. I'm trying to collate that info into a sticky. Been trying to get it finished for months now!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'll have a think about it at the weekend as I still haven't tried my other one yet and will get back to you with pics and possibly a for sale thread

K4M ph2
had a chat with a lady from clean your car today, she said that they've had trouble with the supplier of the ep800 but they are releasing the new ep801? (i think thats what she said its called) in around 8 weeks or so, im abit stuck now really as i dont really want to wait that long, is there another machine that will be as good for around the same price range?