ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking at lowering the 182

Monaco 172
They are easy! 2 hour job on the driveway. Rears are easy, just drop the rear axle by undoing the bottom shock bolts and swap them over.

The hardest part I found with the fronts was getting the bolts back in after changing the springs. I used a long Phillips screwdriver to help align one hole to put the other bolt in the other hole.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've ordered to eibach sportlines just. Ordered off kam racing. Hopefully they arrive before next weekend. So I can fit them ;)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Springs arrive tomorrow. Let's pray for dry weather on weekend ;)

Peddled device
OP...All depends on what you want. I've had Sportlines on for 3 years, but I'm changing back to standard now. It feels a lot like a cart and handles well, but I'm old now and want the original set-up back.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
OP...All depends on what you want. I've had Sportlines on for 3 years, but I'm changing back to standard now. It feels a lot like a cart and handles well, but I'm old now and want the original set-up back.

You have any issues with them at all? Is it a noticeable difference in handling? Cheers for response

Peddled device
No problems with the springs. The car looks nicer a little lower, but when you change I'm sure you feel a really difference. For me, the car felt like a go cart compared with standard, a lot harder. The only issues I've had are with the front shocks, but not related to the springs.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I managed to fit mine today after they arrived yesterday. It's got such a better stance now. Will get some pictures up when I can.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's not had a good polish for ages now. Need to get some decent wax too. Will get pictures up tomorrow when it's settled etc. was raining earlier.

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
How is the ride affected by lowering on eibach springs, my 172 is on standard springs at the minute, 9 years old so wondering what the difference between old springs and fresh eibach springs?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I think it's great to be honest. Doesn't seem much bumpier than the cup suspension. I would really recommend getting them.

Here's some rubbish pics. More to follow tomorrow.

Before shot

sybypubu.jpg

After

y9u2ugaj.jpg

e6ajynu8.jpg

Pictures don't do it much justice.