ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

looking for a 172 cup?

Hi all, just a quick post to ask for a bit of advice.
Im starting to look for a 172 cup 60k or under on the clock and am a bit confused as to what they are worth at the moment? Prices seem to vary so much!
Any help will be great!

Cheers

BMW E46 330i Touring
For a good condition Cup, with the belts already changed, FSH, etc I'd be looking around £4k mate.

Don't write off cars with 70k+ miles though, I bought mine on 71k and it was in far better condition than others I'd viewed with half the miles. Just means it's lived (most) its life on a motorway...

Miles don't mean as much as they used to TBH. I've seen a couple of sub 60K cars in a right state and a couple of 100K cars that are still immaculate and make good power.

Agree on 4K for a good one with history and all servicing upto date.

Cheers
M

182FF & R26 F1
I know of a very good cup located nr Leeds/York
It covered around 45k has had the belts changed and is mint.
Girl is wanting £5k
PM Me if you want anymore info.

Mark

M2 Competition
I just sold an immaculate silver 04 plate cup.

Belts done, full documented service history and on 31k miles... £4250.

Leon Cupra 300
I know of a very good cup located nr Leeds/York
It covered around 45k has had the belts changed and is mint.
Girl is wanting £5k
PM Me if you want anymore info.

Mark

I'll put my mate in touch... Is it the one on PH now?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I was driving today and thought a cup.......?

didn't envy no ABS in this snow...

ABS is useless in the snow!

It makes me laugh when I can get my Cup up a hill in a car park in which a scenic keeps wheelspinning trying to do the same thing! Driving properly FTW! ;)

clio 172 cup
i would want 5k for mine
57,000 miles fsh belts changed etc

if i dun 40mile search on autotrader theres only 2 for sale cheapest 5.500 if i go 100miles cheapest go down to sumthing daft like 3k

BMW E46 330i Touring
In the current climate you'd be waiting a while... good Cups were fetching £5k about a year ago, before the economy 'properly' collapsed.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Sorry to crash the thread buy whilst we're on the subject of prices, im thinking of selling my mint condition 182, 52k 54 plate, all belts just done, 4 new pe2's, new brakes all round. Any chance of fetching close to £6k? £5.5k more realistic?

I think at the moment the cars are only worth what people will payfor them. I bought my audi s3 for £8900 8 months ago and just sold it for £7000 and that was lucky!

M2 Competition
I think at the moment the cars are only worth what people will payfor them. I bought my audi s3 for £8900 8 months ago and just sold it for £7000 and that was lucky!

Spot on. Most of the cups above are worth £4k if you want them to sell, no matter how mint they are.

I had to drop the price of mine right down to sell it, and condition wise it was like new!

182 FF
I work for Glass's guide and values have dropped 25-30%, its weird though because the clios seem to be holding their money fairly well at the moment, as the saying goes it worth what someone is prepared to pay for it!

was 172 Cup now 197
My old cup is for sale at Harratts Renault in wakefield - mechanically very well looked after - 49k miles 2002, serviced every 6-8 months, always run on vpower. A few marks on the paint work but would have thought they will sort that out - had belts done and has a GDI stealth cat back exhaust on it which is only 4 months old - its on at 4.5k but you will be able to get them down on price and you'll get 3 months warranty.